Pieces.

"Missing pieces do more than complete the puzzle, they fill in an empty space."
~Luanne Rice

Grace woke up feeling shitty on a Monday morning, she was in no mood to go to school.

She reached for her phone on the dresser, finding both her phone and car keys.

She arched her brow and sat up in bed, surprised by the foreign object.

There was a letter under the keys, it read;

My car is yours now. I thought you might as well have it... You know, as a sorry for the trouble.

Don't fly too far Mosquito...

Hope to see you soon
Shawn.

Short and simple, the letter was so Shawn-like. She smiled at his name, grinning at most.

Many things rushed through her mind like: When did he drop the car off? How did he get inside my room? Wait- Is that his handwriting?

She had never seen the boy's handwriting before, but after reading that letter- she would never forget such magnificent strokes of art.

She loved it.

Oh dear, how she missed that self-existent bastard. She didn't know if she'd be seeing him at school, but she doubted it.

She didn't know if she'd ever be seeing him again, but she wanted to.

Mrs Grayson slammed her palm several times against her eldest daughter's door, "Grace! You're running late!"

Grace quickly got to her feet, proceeded with her morning routine and got dressed in dark blue jeans and a baby blue hoodie.

The hoodie wasn't hers.

She remembered how she got it, it was the same hoodie he wore the night of her first kiss and the first time she met him.

She made sure she dried it off, and was good for use.

His scent tickeled her nose, it was still so potent and intoxicating.

She wasn't sure how she was going to concentrate in class with a scent like that clouding her mind.

She grinned with delight as she took a sharp breath in through her nose.

She left her hair in twists, twists that dangled just above her shoulders.

"Breakfast is ready!" The mother announced to all her children, it would be deceitful to say she wasn't still mad about Friday night.

How could her daughter spend three nights with a boy... a stranger for that matter.

She had never heard of him prior to that night, and she knew all her daughter's friends.

He wasn't one of them... was he? What was his name again?

Agh, she was never good at remembering names anyway.

Grace skipped down the stairs, her grin sutured to her face.

"What's got you in such high spirits?" She asked her daughter as she sipped her morning coffee, sitting herself at the dinning table across from where her daughter settled.

She couldn't ignore the foreign garments that were on her daughter, she forgot his name but she remembered what he wore- that hoodie belonged to the white boy.

"Nothing!" Her daughter chirped, the grin still shinning on her face. "Nothing at all."

She chose to leave it there, it was Monday- she wanted her daughter to go to school happy.