Obvious.

"Never assume the obvious is true."
~William Safire

The more weeks passed, the closer they got to winter and the closer they got to each other.

They were practically inseparable, finding one of them meant finding both of them.

No one really minded.

Kim had Ryan to focus her attention on, Riley simply didn't care for the girl's life at all and the rest of the school kind of just acknowledged Shawn's existence even though they didn't fully know who he was- they didn't care enough to find out or even gossip about it.

Kim knew him, and was pretty much okay with him. Riley knew him, although- again- she didn't care much for him either. Ryan obviously knew him, due to the fact that they were related.

Ken knew him as well, and was very much against Shawn's closeness to Grace. Who did he think he was stealing all of her attention?

The six of them would hang out together occasionally, other than that, it was mostly Grace and Shawn and that's what Ken didn't like.

Ever since he showed up, Ken's never really had time to just be alone with his best friend.

They hardly talked any more, and every time they did, Shawn was always in the picture.

Something about the way she constantly talked about him told him that they were living together, but that was impossible.

Grace's mother wouldn't allow such an abomination.

Besides that, Ken was angry, some one else was taking what was his and he didn't like that one bit.

So he did what any normal non-Yakuza member would do, he scheduled a day out with her.

Her only.

Shawn was highly against it. He knew that Ken was the Yakuza boy and that he couldn't be trusted.

Grace should've taken that into consideration, but instead saw it in a different light. His action showed her just how much he cared for her and she found that really cute.

"We can go get ice cream before heading to my place. How does that sound?" He suggested to her as she slid into the passenger's seat, buckling her seat belt.

"Yeah! I've missed your mother. Actually, Shawn's mother reminds me of yours. Funny right?" She did it again!

Every- single- time they were togther, she would always find a way to bring Shawn up.

Ken had enough of that, he was simply fed up!

It was annoying and completely hurtful, damn, did she not see how much of her attention he was dying to get?

"You and Shawn, are two like, dating or something?" Ken asked as he kept his eyes on the road, heading towards Grace's favourite Ice cream shop.

The idea alone made him want to throw up. He couldn't stand the thought of her being with any one other than him.

An atrocity!

She laughed loudly which caught Ken completely off guard.

"Who knows? He's weird and that's that. I don't think he even knows what a relationship is. Imagine." She laughed again, her stomach aching slightly.

"But he fucking looks at you like you're his fucking wife." Ken growled under his breath, too low for Grace to hear over her loud laughter.