Take

"A true friend is the greatest of all blessings, and that which we take the least care of all to acquire."
~Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Ken handed Shawn his two phones, scowling deeply at the smirking lad because the boy just vexed him beyond compare.

How dare he call him small? Sure he wasn't nearly as built as Shawn was, but he wasn't small either.

"Stop looking at me like that, Grace'll get jealous." The stupid smirk was still on his face, it made Ken's cheeks burn a little more.

The nerve!

"If you weren't Grace's boyfriend I swear I would rip your guts out and feed them to you." Ken growled, fisting his hands tightly beside him.

"The two of you are starting to get on my nerves. Can we just call your brother and get this over with?" Grace grumbled, her eyebrows furrowed to show just how agitated she was.

"Yeah, hold up for a moment." Shawn walked over to the bed, sitting on it and typing away on his phone.

Ken and Grace watched him, as though he was about to say or do something important.

The phone rang for a while, then it got answered.

Instead of putting the call on speaker like he normally did, Shawn lifted the phone to his ear, surprising Grace.

He hated answering calls like that, she was aware of that, which only meant that he still didn't trust Ken.

"Darius, shut up and listen. She's fine. Dude, shut up. Agh!" Shawn groaned then pulled the phone from his ear, putting it on speaker.

"Grace! Are you alive?" Darius asked frantically, sounding as though he would kill if there was no response.

"Uh, yeah?" Grace gave Shawn a weird look, one that asked what was wrong with his older brother.

Shawn shrugged and looked down at his phone, glaring as though the phone were his brother.

"Look, Darius. We need to plan the safest way to get Grace out of here while avoiding the crossfire." The line went silent for a while.

"That won't be a problem. We already have the blueprint of the house and have set up the safest route out. It's crazy but our dads are really working together." Andre piped in, making Grace grin widely.

Oh how she loved hearing her brother's voice, it made her want to be a kid again and go back to the days when it was them against the world.

"Bug breath!" She squealed, bouncing happily in her spot.

"Sit tight Little MisTake, Darius and I are leading the rescue. We'll see you in a bit." The call was ended there, smiles on Grace and Shawn's faces.

"Our brothers are the coolest." Grace commented, earning an eye roll from Ken who stood behind her.

"I still hate them." Shawn shrugged, looking to the floor then back at her. "Yeah, they are."

Ken wanted to barf, the two were just soaking in mushy feelings.

"I'll be off now, probably to kill a few cops and thugs then go to jail." Ken announced, heading over to the door yet leaving the key on the couch.

"Wait, Ken, I want you to come with. I never leave a friend behind." Grace turned, catching Ken's elbow before he could leave.

"Really?" Ken and Shawn asked in unison, Ken sounding more surprised while Shawn sounded really irritated.

"My word is true." She chirped, nodding her head once.