Bittersweet.

“When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. And when life is bitter, say thank you and grow.”
~Shauna Niequist

A whole week passed by, and it was Friday.

Grace had been completely occupied by her new friend Ryan, but Shawn never left her mind.

He was nowhere to be seen and no one felt his absence, except for the one who slowly became saddened by this fact.

He missed a whole week of classes, he missed a whole week that he could've used to finish his art project.

She missed him, so, so much.

She walked into her homeroom, her teacher repeating her usual greeting.

"Good morning class, I'm glad to see you're all here." Her eyes didn't even roam around the heads of her pupils, mainly because she was tired of it.

Everyday was the same thing over and over again.

But they weren't all present, were they?

Grace instinctively turned her head 'round to look at Shawn's seat, like she had been doing for the past week.

Deep, intimidating chestnut brown eyes met hers, releasing a herd of butterflies loose in her stomach.

A shy, happy grin rose her cheeks high in the air.

She really wasn't expecting him to be there, and she definitely wasn't expecting him to be looking right at her.

A sharp-edged smirk was sent her way.

Of course she missed him. The feeling was, mutual.

The bell rang, but Grace didn't head for the door. Her attention was on the male, standing slowly at the back of the class.

She made her way through her peers, moving and shoving them out of her way.

Move!

She got to him and halted right in front of him, but his eyes were over her head.

He was looking at someone else, and somewhere deep inside Grace, she knew it was Ken.

She turned to glare at Ken, who backed away and left immediately their eyes met.

"You missed me?" His voice came out low and dangerous, dangerous in way that sent pleasant tremors down her spine.

She turned around again, their proximity to each other was a distance as close to none.

"Nope!" She declared loudly, inhailing his scent as her new oxygen.

"Sure." He smiled a ghost of a smile, turning her around and leading her to the class that they were already late for.

They walked close to each other, their upper arms brushing against the other.

They entered the class room, finding everyone doing as they pleased.

Mr Sentinel was late, which rarely ever happened.

Grace and Shawn sat beside each other, without getting attention from anyone at all.

"I'm sure you were bored without me." Grace sat beside Shawn, an involentary bitter tone behind her words.

Shawn grimaced at Grace's tone, feeling guilty for leaving Grace without even much of a goodbye.

After the kiss he had bolted away, he even left his hoodie at her place.

He realised that he shouldn't have done that, and it disturbed him to think that she might have been hurt by his actions.