Kiss.

"It's stillness and pressure and rhythm and breathing."
~Becky Albertall

The rain had no intention of easing anytime soon, and Grace used that as an excuse to keep Shawn in.

It was night time, and the two teens were in Grace's room.

They were eating snacks and endulging in small talk, something that only friends would do.

Shawn had learnt so much about Grace just in the small period of time that he had been there, it did nothing less than intrigue him.

She hated tomatoes, potatoes and lemons, would kill for a cinnamon bun, loved sweets and absolutely hated coffee.

Her favourite colour was purple, but she adorded royal blue.

He on the other hand loved tomatoes, he hated sweet things and had no problem with coffee- just as long as it was black.

His favourite colour was navy blue, but he didn't mind any other colour.

He's always, indifferent to a lot of things.

In the end they both found out intruiging things about each other, that they never anticipated to come across.

It amazed him just how different they were, she was the Yin to his Yang.

Even though she was the expressive and bright one, and he was the passive and calm one, she was still the Yin and he was still her Yang.

"Ace, quit it!" He stiffled a laugh as she threw yet another jelly bean at him, in a poor attempt to get him to eat it.

She had been trying to get him to like sweets, even after clearly stating that he had no intention of endulging in such pleasantries.

He alternated between calling the girl, Ace, Mosquito and finally, Black rose.

The last was definitely something he had never called her out loud, that was for sure.

But surely, his favourite was Black rose.

She was peculiar in a way that scared yet intrigued him at the same time, just like a Black rose.

Not that he would ever admit that to even himself.

"Just taste it!" She told the older male, tossing yet another jelly bean at his mouth.

"I already know how it tastes." He hit the jelly bean away before it could reach his mouth, his fast reflexes paying off.

She stuck out her tongue at him, a blue jelly bean sitting atop it.

Its place in her mouth did make it look more tasty, but he quickly burnt that thought along with every other thought that followed after.

"I hate blueberries." He mumbled to himself, getting off the floor and onto his two feet.

"You can't say you don't like blueberries!" She gasped, lifting herself off the floor as well.

"But I don't."

She placed her hand over her heart, feigning a traumatized look.

"You're a monster." She declared as she shook her head in feigned disappointment.

"You're a mosquito." He immitated her tone and stuck his tongue out at her childishly, making her roll her eyes.

They stood there for what seemed like an eternity, under the gaze of the other.

Both of them lost in their own tsunami of thoughts.

"Will I see you again?" She had broken the comfortable silence that dwelt in the room, bringing the boy's mind back to reality.