One Week

Warning: Sad Ending

Dan had spent a good portion of his life in the ICU. There were hardly any months he could say he had spent them 100% clear of the A&E. He was a 19 year old who was suffering from leukimea. He lived with his bestfriend and boyfriend, Phil. The cancer hadn't been as bad, but now it was getting worse and the doctors were telling Dan something that he didn't want to believe. The fact that he had an estimated 1 to 2 weeks to live. This he couldn't ever tell Phil.

Phil was aware that Dan had leukemia but he never thought that it would will him that quickly so he just decided to act like everything was just fine, but he still has no idea that's his boyfriend is dying.

Dan was trying his best to act like everything was fine and that his life hadn't just been given an expiration date like his life was just as important as a bag of maltesers. He didn't want Phil to know he was dying. He couldn't let him know. His doctors were letting him stay home instead of being in the hospital like he was supposed to because they knew he only had one or two weeks left and Dan had begged them to let him spend them with Phil. They reluctantly agreed, having an occasional nurse check in on Dan to make sure he was okay which Phil probably dismissed as normal. Staying strong was made even more hard when he knew that Phil didn't know and he couldn't let him find out.

Phil knew that Dan wouldn't last as long as him, but he chose to ignore that, losing Dan has the worst thing that he could think about. He had no idea that he only had a few weeks left to spend with his boyfriend, he convinced himself that Dan would live at least a few years more and that they would still have lots of time to live a happy life together, but unfortunately he was wrong. Phil was slowly losing the person he loves the most, but had no idea.

Dan lay awake in bed at night, his arms wrapped around Phil who was asleep. But how could Dan sleep when he knew that he only had 1-2 weeks to be alive..and be with Phil. And he didn't want to waste any time that he had left with Phil. He wanted to be with him as much as he possibly could. He kept his arms wrapped around his waist, trying not to cry. He was /not/ ready to die. He was only 19. He had a whole life ahead of him. Him and Phil hadn't gotten married yet and he never wanted to leave him. He couldn't bear to think of it. But it was all that seemed to end up in his mind.

Phil had his arms tightly around Dan's waist, his dreams that night were not very pleasant& he began to shake a bit in his sleep. Even tho he didn't know that Dan only had a few weeks, the thought of losing him still crosses his mind every once in A while, which made Phil absolutely terrified. He tried to think of a life without Dan but that was truly impossible for him.

Dan noticed Phil's shaking and hugged him tighter, lightly kissing the top of his head. He knew he only had 1-2 weeks. But that wasn't enough. Not even 1-2 years would be enough. But anything would be better than 1-2 weeks. Anything. He shut his eyes, trying to sleep but he couldn't. Infact Dan hadn't had a proper nights sleep in as long as he could remember. But there were plenty good reasons why.

Phil woke up quickly, his dreams were too terrifying for him to continue to sleep.
When he awoke he was crying softy, shaking a lot and terribly worried.
Having a dream about losing Dan was already terrible enough, but what would he do if he actually ended up losing him?

"Phil, Phil, are you alright?" Dan asked softly, holding him tightly, trying to comfort him. He knew why though. Phil had been having awful nightmares lately and every night would often include this. Dan knew how horrified Phil was because of his dreams and he couldn't bare to think what would happen when his nightmares came to life.

Phil looked up at her nervously, tears in his blue eyes "I-I had a-another nightmare.." He said nervously, he was glad that he woke up with Dan next to him, but he knew that one day that wouldn't be true anymore and Phil would be alone..