12:00

It was New Years Eve and bestfriends, Dan and Phil were laying on the couch watching the New Years celebrations. Dan looked towards Phil, smiling a bit. He had always liked him but was far too afraid of losing him as a friend to tell him. Right now they were watching a preformance of a singer they'd never even heard of but as long as he was with Phil, he was happy.

Phil looked at Dan and smiled back it was 11:30 so there was only a half of an hour until the ball drops. Phil had always had a crush on Dan since he meet him but of course was way too shy to ever tell him.

The butterflies that Dan got in his stomach every time Phil smiled at him came back and he leaned his head back against the couch, looking at the time on the clock. There was only a half hour left until the ball would drop and it would be the New Year.

"I'm going to make tea, do you want any?" Phil asked him, nicely and glanced at the TV, the performer that was up had a very nice voice

"Okay, thank you Phil." Dan said sweetly, looking towards him before looking back to the television. There were now 25 minutes left until the ball would drop. He bit his lip nervously. He had been planning something for a year now and didn't want to back out now.

"You're welcome." Phil smiled and walked into the kitchen, beginning to make the tea for both of them. He wished that Dan could know how much he loved him. But, Phil didn't know how he could ever tell him

Dan smiled back sweetly. He had been planning on something ever since he'd thought of the idea last New Years. At midnight, when everyone kissed, he wanted to kiss Phil. He was beginning to feel very nervous as the minutes passed and it became closer to New Years.

After a few minuets Phil came back and handed Dan a cup of tea before sitting down next to him. There was not only about fifteen minuets until the ball drops and Phil has no idea what Dan is planning

Dan thanked him again, then taking a sip of the tea. His heart was racing really fast and his legs were shaking. He was starting to re-think things. What if Phil didn't like him back? What if Phil felt uncomfortable? He sighed quietly.

Phil glanced at the clock as the minuets past by quickly, getting them closer and closer to midnight. Phil took a sip of his tea and watched the Tv, soon they would be showing the ball drop

Dan looked at the clock, seeing that the last preformance of the night was just now ending and the ball would be dropping soon. He didn't want to just give up on his plan of a year but he also didn't want to ruin his and Phil's relationship. He looked down,feeling more nervous than he ever had before.

The camera on the TV turned to the large Time Square Ball. Phil checked the clock 11:59. He watched as the ball began slowly moving downward

Dan bit his lip, watching the time tick down. It was no longer minutes. Just mere seconds. He wasn't sure if he wanted to do this. He didn't want to back down because if he didn't do this now, he knew he wouldn't be able to tell Phil he loved him.

Phil looked at Dan. 'he's so adorable' he though to himself, looking at him for a few seconds before watching to TV again. The ball was almost there until.. It dropped.

The ball finally dropped. Dan took a deep breath, his heart beating like crazy. He looked towards Phil. 'It's now or never,' he thought. Dan put his hand on Phil's cheek and kissed his lips softly,hoping he wasn't making him uncomfortable.

Phil's eyes widened, he kissed Dans back. He wrapped his arms around him, surprised that Dan actually liked him back. He could feel his cheeks heating up as butterflies filled his stomach

Dan wrapped his arms around Phil's waist, kissing him slowly. Phil hadn't pulled away so he hoped that he was okay with it. He blushed a bit, still feeling a bit nervous.

Phil smiled into the kiss, he pulled away after a few seconds and looked into Dans eyes "I love you, Dan." He said softly, his cheeks bright red

Dan looked back into Phil's beautiful blue eyes and smiled sweetly, unable to believe that Phil loved him as well. "I love you,too Phil." He said softly.

Phil placed his hand against Dan's cheek and pressed their noses together "you're adorable." He mumbled softly

Dan blushed even more, his nose pressed up against Phil's,"You're more adorable." He grinned, looking into his lovely eyes.

Phil giggled softly "no I'm not, you are." He said softy "I've loved you from the first day I meet you." Phil confessed and held Dans hand tightly, continuing to look into his amazing eyes.

Dan held his hand tightly, looking back into his eyes,"So have I. And believe it or not, I've been planning this for a whole year. I was so nervous to do it." He giggled quietly.

Phil smiled softly "Well, now you have nothing too worry about because I love you, too. I have and I always will." He said sweetly

"Good, me too." Dan smiled back softly. His heart was finally returning back to normal but the butterflies were still floating around in his stomach. He connected their lips again, no longer feeling afraid to and happy to be with his crush, finally.