Help Me Get Over You

Phil was sat on the couch next to his best friend, Dan watching a horror film. They weren't really his thing so he wasn't paying attention much. He was scrolling through apps when he found a dating app. He'd been looking them up for awhile now because he was trying to get over his crush on his best friend. It seemed hopeless to him but maybe if he found the right guy, then his crush on Dan would finally disappear.

Dan was looking at the TV, not really paying much attention to the screen. He picked up his Phone a scrolled through the apps, noticing that the dating app he was downloading had finished. He decided to open it up and set up an account. He made his username anonymous so no one would know his name unless he really got to know them, then he'd tell them.

Phil decided to download the app. Once it had finished downloading, he opened it and made his account, making his name simply 'Lion', not wanting any creeps to find him and stalk him on every social media possible. Phil then set up his bio, making it as general as possible so not just anyone would know it was him. He then started to search through the list of new people that had just joined the website like he just had.

Dan began looking through people, they all seemed like creeps, Dan expected that a lot of them would be but he hoped that he would find someone who he could fall in love with. All he wanted to do was get his mind off of his crush on Phil. He clicked on a person who's username was 'Lion' and wrote to him "Hello (:"

Before Phil could choose anyone to message, he saw a small '1' in the corner of the screen signaling he had a message. He smiled and clicked on it, responding to the person who was just Anonymous, "Hey(:"

Dan clicked on his messages, happy that he wrote back to him "what's up? (: " he wrote back and snuggled into the arm of the couch, occasionally looking back up the the TV, then down at his phone again.

Phil saw that the person had written back and typed back,"watching a film. I'm not really paying much attention to it though. XD you?" He then looked back up at the TV. It was useless to watch the film now. He'd missed too much and now didn't understand what was going on.

Dan read the message and wrote back "hah yeah, I'm doing to same thing. I'm just hoping to find someone who is not a creep" he smiled a wrote back. He didn't even know what was going on in the film anymore.

Phil read the new message and quickly wrote back,"haha. yeah same. I was a bit hesitant to download this app for that reason. Or any dating app really :')" He then exited out of the app so he could listen to his MCR playlist. He wasn't paying attention to the film anyway and had his headphones with him.

Dan closed one eyes a bit, feeling a bit tired.
"You sound like a very nice person .. (: " he send back and smiled, the person that he was talking to seemed very nice, it gave him hope that it would help with his crush.

Phil smiled, sending back a message,"Thanks. So do you. You're the first person I've talked to on here. It gives me hope that not all people on dating sites are pedophiles haha(:" He hoped that maybe this would help him get over Dan.

Dan smiled softly to himself. "Don't worry I'm not xD" he told Lion and curled up into a ball, becoming quiet comfortable.

"I know. Cx You sound amazing." He sent back, looking next to him at Dan who looked like he was tired but was texting somebody who kept making him smile. Phil sighed, wishing that when Dan got messages from him it would make him smile like that

"Not as amazing as you sound c: " He wrote back and giggled quietly before yawning a bit.

Phil blushed,"Nah I'm pretty sure you're most amazing:3" Dan seemed like he was talking to someone that made him happy. Phil bit his lip and stood up, going to his room and shutting the door behind him. This dating site was supposed to help him get over Dan. It was beginning to get a lot harder than it seemed to get over him, though.