The World is Ugly

"You can't leave me, Dan!"
"Oh yeah? Watch me!"
He shot at his now ex abusive boyfriend.
"Dan, I will kill you if you tell anyone."
Dan ignored him, slamming the door and limp/running towards the tube. He had cuts from his ex boyfriend littering his arms and his leg had been hurting from being pushed. He couldn't take it anymore. Dan arrived at his flat, quickly opening the door and slamming it shut, tears springing to his eyes.

Phil was on the couch watching Pokèmon, he wasn't aware what Dan's boyfriend has been doing to him. "What happend?!" He said, noticing him crying. Phil jumped up off the couch and ran over to his best friend, pulling him into a tight hug.

Dan wrapped his arms around Phil, tears continuing to fall. "I-I broke up with my boyfriend." He began. "H-he was a-abusing me ever since we started dating." He finally told him.

Phil looked down at him, it was hard for him to believe that he would do something that like "oh god, don't worry I'll protect you." He said softly and tightened the hug. Phil had always wanted Dan to break up with his boyfriend because he had a crush on him since the meet but, he didn't want it to have happened like this.

Dan held Phil tightly, crying into his shoulder. "H-he said he would kill me if I told anyone. T-that he would hurt me even more than he usually does if I broke up with him. I-I did because I d-didn't want to be with him anymore. I-I don't love him." He cried. "How can I love someone that doesn't love me? That treats me like I'm a nothing?" He cried even more.

Phil nodded and rubbed Dan's back "you did the right thing, staying with someone like that is awful. I'll make sure to keep you safe so no one can hurt you anymore." He said trying to make Dan feel safer.

"T-thank you, Phil." Dan held him tight, eventually his tears stopped coming because he felt safer now that he was with Phil. He still hurt extremely bad from one of the worst beatings he had ever recieved from his ex boyfriend..and his last as far as he was concerned.

Phil looked down at him and wiped a tear off of his cheek "your welcome, Dan." He said softly, he wished that he could of done something for Dan before but before he wasn't aware of what was happening, they seemed happy together.

"I never want to see him again. He doesn't know what love is. He never will. I can't believe it took me almost 2 years to finally break up with him. I should have left him the second the abuse happened. I'm so stupid." Dan said, looking up at Phil, leaning his head against his chest.

"You let him do this to you for two years?" Phil asked Dan quietly, his heart sank a bit. He couldn't see how anyone would want to do something like that to Dan, he was too sweet and adorable.

"I was afraid, I was afraid that he would kill me or even worse..that he w-would kill you." Dan said, more tears threatening to escape. He wrapped his arms around Phil again, finding that being with Phil was the only way he could feel safe.

Phil nodded "I'm sorry." He mumbled and leaned his head on Dan's. "I'll make sure we never see him again. I can't stand the thought of you getting hurt."

Dan hugged him tight,"Thank you. Thank you." He said, not wanting to ever go through that again. Now that he thought about it, he never even loved the man. He was forced into the relationship with threatening. And then the abuse began. He always had a crush on Phil. He would never want to be with anyone else. Phil cared. Phil was always there. He loved Phil.

Phil nodded and hugged him as tight as he could "your welcome, your always safe with me." He told Dan in a comforting voice, he loved Dan more than anyone, there was no one that he had ever felt this way about.

A few hours later it was 12:30 am and Dan couldn't sleep. Too many awful thoughts were crowding his mind. He got out of bed and knocked on Phil's door, hoping he wouldn't wake him up if he was sleeping.