Chapter III

III

III. Memory of a Kiss

With her father's return, Livia had expected that the Martells would not have any need to stay longer than necessary.

After all, if business had already been conducted, what use would be for them to stay at Casterly Rock?

If her father had been correct, one of his children might leave the Rock with the Martells and who's to say that it would not be her. For days, this is what plagued Livia's mind.

But with the look on the Princess of Dorne's face as she left her father's quarters, she was sure that there would be no marriage alliance or any alliance for that matter.

Livia was not fond of goodbyes. But she needed them nonetheless. After not being able to say goodbye to her mother, she had to say goodbye to those who left. It was good to be given a chance to do so.

With a cautious tone, she had offered Elia and Oberyn the chance to finally see her brother, to quell the fires of their curiosity at least. A last gift to them.

For a moment, she had hoped that they would have forgotten about their curiosity about her brother but she was wrong as they quickly agreed.

They were on their way to Tyrion's nursery when they saw Jaime and Cersei.

Livia was surprised to see them together once more. She had thought that the two would never reconcile however it seemed as if the twins couldn't stay away from each other for long.

"Jaime, Cersei, where are you two off to?" She asked, a small smile on her face.

"Just passing the time, sister. And you?" Jaime asked, subtly looking at Elia and Oberyn with a cautious look.

After all, they stole his sister's time from him ever since they arrived at the Rock.

"We were on our way to visit Tyrion's nursery. Oberyn and Elia have yet to meet our youngest sibling." Livia gestured to the direction they were heading.

Upon hearing her words, Cersei flinched. "You want to meet him? I'll take you there. Follow me." Cersei spoke, picking up her skirts and heading to the nursery.

The Martells followed her but Livia paused, giving Jaime a worried look, only to have him return the same gaze.

Nevertheless, they walked fast to keep up with Cersei's pace only to come upon them already in the nursery, peering into Tyrion's crib.

Livia and Jaime came to stood by them just as Cersei lifted the blanket covering their brother.

Elia and Oberyn looked but upon their faces, Livia only saw disappointment. She knew the rumors circulating her brother. Lord Tywin's bane, they said. He was a punishment from the gods for daring to be greater than the king himself.

For a while it was silent. Livia watched the Martells look at her brother, as if not knowing what to say yet. It was almost painful.

"That's not a monster." Oberyn spoke, breaking the silence."That's just a baby."