Chapter XLV

XLV

XLV. Right at the Start

302 A.C.

"What's Winterfell like?"

"Cold, most probably."

"Of course it's going to be cold, it has winter in its name!"

Livia laughed at the back and forth conversation between her two sons.

Cassian, already seventeen years of age. He resembled Robert so much with his muscular build, raven hair and blue eyes. He was almost like a miniature version of Robert with looks and swordsmanship. The only thing he got from her were the blunt answers and witty retorts.

Johan only a year younger, on the other hand inherited her Lannister features, the dainty nose, the green eyes, the lithe figure. But his hair was the color of darkness and he was excellent with the bow. Even better than his brother.

Livia sat at their campsite, watching the two boys spar and joke with each other when she heard the sound of girls laughing which could only mean one thing. 

Her daughters had caused trouble.

"Sabine! Tyne!" Livia called out, standing up and turning around to see the two girls smiling innocently. "What did you two do now?"

Turns out, when your childhood was full of mischief, fate gets back at you by giving you mischievous children.

"Mother, we were just walking by and minding our own business." Sabine started.

Livia levelled them with a serious look, crossing her arms. "Minding your own business?"

A few more seconds of that serious look, Tyne finally broke. "We just wanted to ride the horses! And Uncle Jaime said it was alright!"

"Of course he would." Livia scoffed, after all, they had done the same as children. Sighing, she continued. "Very well, you may ride horses but only if your Uncle Jaime is with you. Understood?" 

"Yes, mother, we understand." They both answered, chatting amongst themselves and giggling whilst walking away, their dark hair whipping around behind them due to the cold air as they were near Winterfell.

Sensing a figure behind her, a smile crept unto her lips. "They get that from you, you know."

"I'm not sure I know what you mean." Robert's voice whispered into her ear, his arms wrapping around her waist. 

Livia turned around to be faced with the man she loves. Despite the years, he still looked as handsome as the day they met. His beard had gotten a bit longer, making him look more mature intimidating but his eyes showed the giddy man underneath, still the stormy blue she loved.