Chapter XXXIV

XXXIV

XXXIV. Raven from the North

King Robert,

          I write to you now with a solemn invitation to Winterfell. It is to be my late sister, Lyanna's burial. I understand if you are busy with affairs of the realm but I truly wish for you to be here. I invite you to say your farewells and to make peace. I look forward to seeing you soon, my friend.

                                                                                                                          Ned Stark                                                                                                             Warden of the North

°•°•°•°•°•°

Livia sat at the windowsill with a view of the ocean, finally at King's Landing.

Robert would be addressing the concerns of the people at the throne room by now but she couldn't find the strength to join him. Not with the message they received the day before.

Livia had been with her ladies and Cersei the day before. The sun was just about to set as the rays touched the water but all of them were still conversing.

It seems the news of her pregnancy had spread throughout the whole realm like wildfire. 

When they had returned to King's Landing, everyone had been congratulating them. Even the common people knew. Maybe the people of the Stormlands were the gossipers of the realm.

"My queen, do you think it will be a boy or a girl?" One of her ladies asked.

"I do not know, I only pray to the gods that he or she will inherit Robert's eyes. Blue like that of a storm." Livia answered, smiling.

Her ladies giggled amongst themselves while Cersei only shook her head. Despite their disagreements before, Livia knew that her sister was happy for her.

"I'm sure the king would want a son."  Cersei arrogantly announced and Livia had a slight vision of hitting her sister over the head with a vase.

Livia gritted her teeth in what she hoped was still a smile. "Actually, Robert does not care if the child were to be a boy or a girl. Any child of ours would make the both of us very happy."

All of her ladies awed at her words, and Thisel piped up. "Have you and the king thought of names yet, my queen?"

"Isn't it too soon, Thisel? I haven't even started showing yet." Livia teased, making them all laugh before continuing. "But I plan on surprising him by naming the child after his lady mother."