Chapter XV

XV

XV. Blooming regrets

Livia awoke with a sob trapped in her throat. She could still see them, all of them.

Elia with her sun-kissed skin. Rhaenys with her beautiful laugh. Aegon with the tiniest and rarest of smiles.

She dreamt of how they screamed as they were murdered. Defiled. Raped.

They all screamed her name, asking for help. But she was never there.

It was all her fault.

Livia stood from her bed, lighting a candle by her vanity. With the flame's light, she saw her reflection in the mirror as she sat down.

Her golden hair was a mess. Her eyes were wet with tears. The wound on her lip was dry. With no powder covering them, her bruises were evident upon her pale skin. The dark purple and blue marks marring her skin. The maroon wound on the side of her mouth.

She raised a hand to touch them, wincing as she recalled the hands that attempted to strangle her.

It was all her fault.

As Livia Lannister continued to look into the mirror, she was faced with the harsh truth.

The truth that she may have lost a piece of herself when her mother died but it was nothing compared to the present.

Now she knew that her past self was forever gone, and she is never coming back.

It was all her fault.

°•°•°•°•°

"Kingslayer! That's the kingslayer."

Livia winced at the name, at all the whispers. She was almost expecting the name to be directed at her as she strolled through the royal gardens. 

But she was proven wrong as she turned to see the new king and his retinue. Including her brother.

Jaime, who had been selfless. Jaime, who took all the blame to protect them. Jaime, who was innocent.

She hadn't seen him since Robert had pardoned him and permitted him to remain in the Kingsguard.

Oh, their father had been happy about that.

 She had also heard things. That her brother hunted down the remaining pyromancers and killed them.

Livia wanted nothing more than to speak to him but she couldn't, not unless she wanted everyone in the king's retinue to know. 

Speaking of the king.

"Your Grace." She greeted, forcing a smile onto her face and bowing.

It had been a long time since she has spoken aloud. Ever since she heard the news, but it seems that she cannot hide behind silence forever.