•Isaiah 43:18•

Isaiah 43:18- "Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old."

{•Edited•}
~Sin's POV~

I cant remember how many drinks I've had at this point. I've been taking shots by myself in the kitchen with a now half-empty bottle of wine. No matter how much I drank, it seemed like the conversation between Davina and I wouldn't go away. Finally, I'm at that point but not really.
No one is walking around the house anymore, everyone now asleep. Davina never came out after she went to help Emmy. Emmy came out for dinner and to tell me goodnight before bed, but didn't mention anything about Davina seeming upset.
The guilt has been eating me alive since the first time I cheated on her that night with Bella. There are no excuses for my actions. After Bella, I only slept with two other women, not that that makes me sound better, but at least I wasn't banging every women who offered. It's fall, the best time for parties, and parties make a great time to talk over business deals, so of course I was going to them. Those places are crawling with escorts.
     I would tell myself to only have one drink, then the person I was talking to would hand me another and then I'd get lost. When I drink, I don't know what the hell I'm doing. That was the cause of the first time and now this time as well. However, of course, there is a small, twisted part of me that enjoyed messing with those girls behind Davina's back. But the fact that it hurt her makes it easy to hate what I did. 
     I'm throwing away so much, everything, by doing what I did. Emmy has been better, happier since Davina came into her life. She's changed me into a merger "family man" for my daughter. I love her more than I can explain, so I can't even begin to understand now, sober, why I would do such a despicable thing.
"What are you doing?" A tired, soft voice says. I look up to see Davina walking over. Her shirt legs seem to go on for miles in her shorts. I shrug, not sure what to say. I wasn't expecting her to talk to me for a while. "It's two in the morning."
"And?" I ask, grabbing the edge of the sink to pull myself up. My legs are wobbly but I lean myself again the counter. She wraps her arms around herself, looking at me in disgust but there's also something else that I can't recognize at the moment.
"You should be asleep. How much have you drank?" She says, placing her hand on the neck of the wine bottle. Her face scrunches together when she gets a whiff of the smell. Her eyes also fall to the shot glass in the sink. "Hmm?"
"Not enough," I tell her. She grabs the bottle and puts it in the fridge, her expression somewhere between pissed and sad.
"You can sleep in your room, I'll stay in the guest bedroom," she says, trying to avoid eye contact but I fight her in it and eventually win. Her eyes are bloodshot and lips are swollen from crying I assume. The tip of her nose is also a light shade of reddish pink from rubbing.
"Why don't you stay with me and I can make it up to you?" I suggest, a smirk forming on my lips.
••••••
~Davina's POV~

Talking to him right now, it's taking every bit of strength I have left not to start crying again.the last three hours have consisted of nothing but tears and sobs. Once Emmy was out and I had the room to myself I was a mess.
     By one I knew what he was still doing down here. He never drinks when I'm around, knowing how much I hate it.
     As mad and hurt as I am, looking at him this way makes my heartache. I want to wrap my arms around him and tell him it's okay, that I'm sorry for confronting him. It's not his fault I feel like way; it's mine for being weak. I want him to wrap his strong arms around me and kiss the top of my head.
    "Stop, just go to bed," I tell him, ignoring what he said.
    "Come on. You're so upset that I slept with other girls, so late me make it even and sleep with you a few times." A few times. Not once or twice, a few times. My breath gets caught in my throat when he steps up to me, his eyes dark.
    "I don't want you anywhere near me," I say, fighting against the real words that were on the tip of my tongue. I want us to comfort each other how we usually can, but this isn't a small problem.
    "Fine then, be like that."
    "Be like that? You had sex with other girls while I was at home being loyal to you. I have the right to be mad," I tell him, placing my hand on my chest. His shark jaw ticks as he looks off to the side, hand on the counter near mine.
      "I had reasons to cheat, you don't," he says, his whole demeanor changing before my eyes. His eyes search mine, no emotion in them. His words hurt more than I was hoping they would. It's salt on an open wound.
         "You don't mean any of that," I say, my voice shaking. I hope Kole or anyone comes in and interrupts this even though it's literally the middle of the night almost. He laughs drunkly. My chest heaves as I take deep breaths to calm my nerves. I've never liked alcohol, I don't like seeing how it affects some people.  
   "But I do. If you were to see her, the first girl I slept with that is, you would have cheated too," he slurs. "It's hard to regret something when it was so good. I mean...I needed something after that lame excuse of sex we had."
    "W-What?"
   "You sure you don't need to stand closer to something? You seem to have a hard time hearing me." Somehow that hurts worse than his actual cheating. He had been so reassuring that that night was good for him too and I believed him. He's just trying to get a reaction out of you. Or maybe he's finally drunk enough to tell me the truth.
     "Do you have any regret?" I ask, knowing I need to let out here as soon as possible. My eyes stay locked with his, our stare intense.
    "No."

      AN: Even I'm starting to get irritated with this topic but after the next chapter more stuff will be added in. Alcohol and Sin do not mix well 😬 I really hope you guys enjoyed!
     Question: What do you think will happen? What would you like to see happen?

 Alcohol and Sin do not mix well 😬 I really hope you guys enjoyed!      Question: What do you think will happen? What would you like to see happen?