•Genesis 3:1•

Genesis 3:1- "Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?""

{•Unedited•}
~Davina's POV~

Sorting on the grass, my legs start to itch. I've just been sitting front of my parents tombstones thinking about everything, especially the living child growing inside of me. My whole life I was taught to believe that pregnancy was something beautiful and should be cherished, but it's only bringing me stress. Now that I'm going to see Sin tomorrow morning it's all hitting me at once.
I haven't even decided for myself what I want to do with...this. Thankfully I haven't had to go to another doctors appointment since the first one; the less information I have on this baby the better, I don't want to get attached. I'm leaning towards the adoption choice, but it also makes my heart clench.
There were people here not too long ago so I haven't talked to them, more so whispered everything. I'm sure it all has the same affect. When I got here the tears immediately started falling just looking at their graves. It's hard for me to think that the people I called mom and dad are buried underneath the ground I'm sitting on.
     "You look lonely," a deep, familiar voice says from behind me. I bend around to see Sin standing with his hands tucked into the pocket of his sweater. His black sweats hug him attractively, a hat shielding his beautiful green eyes. This takes me back to the first time we ran into each other here. He has been going on a run and I was visiting my parents, vulnerable as hell. It seems he's always caught me at my worst moments and put me through the worst situations. Then, I had no idea what him and I would become, that I would be having his child.
    "Stalker much?"
     "Just going on a run," he says, coming closer. I scoot over a little, bit knowing what he's expecting to do. Now that I have his company I don't want to loose it. I've had him on my mind all week, having him close is getting all those thoughts out of my head. He sits down next to me, crossing his legs like you would in primary school. "Parents?"
     "I was missing them more than usual," I mumble. I wish I had at least one of them to verbally talk to and get a response back. Hell, I'm so pathetic at this point that I'll try a Ouija board...okay, maybe not that far. His finger brushes against mine on the ground catches my attention.
     "They're still with you, Angel," he says, fully placing his hand on mine and giving it a tight squeeze. I choose to take this as only a friendly gesture, at least for right now. When I think back to this in a few hours, hell maybe twenty minutes from now, I'll probably see it in a different light.
     "I keep wondering what they would think of me now if they were still alive," I say. God, why am I venting to him? I grew so used to being able to tell him anything that I now do it naturally, even when I shouldn't. Idiotically, I'm praying he'll eventually wrap his arms around me and we can forget about everything that's happened.
     "They would think the world of you," he tells me. My eyes meet his, his softening immediately. I sigh, fighting the urge to throw myself into him and have him take me home. "How have you been?" We put this off as long as possible. Tomorrow would have been better for me, I could have prepared what to say and hot all my thoughts in in like. If I avoid talking to him now, he'll just get suspicious and I don't want to risk him finding anything out on his own. I also don't want him thinking all my feelings for him have gone away in our short time apart.
     "It's been hard to adjust. I'm definitely not the same since everything started with you and me," I say. He nods, looking at my parents stones with his brows drawn together. "I've missed you and Emmy so much." In big going to lie to him. The more honest I am in the beginning, the less questions he'll ask later on.
           "Emmy mentioned you talked to her on Kole's phone. She was happy about it," he tells me. I bring my legs closer to my chest, tapping my knees nervously with my index fingers. The grass is making me itch, but I resist the urge.
     Kole and I have managed to stay friends during the time Sin and I have been separated. He's been keeping me in on how Emmy is and what goes on around the house even though I don't need any information. He always sounds so prideful when he talks about how good Emmy is doing in school and that she's been making friends.
    "I'm sorry if you aren't okay with that, I just heard her on the line and thought I'd say hi."
    "Say hi for thirty minutes?" He says with a laugh. At least he's not mad about it. If it were the other way around, I wouldn't be okay with it. I'm a hypocrite, I know. "This isn't the usual way you meet your girlfriends parents," he says, gesturing my parents gravestones.
    "One, I'm not your girlfriend. Two, it's your fault for taking a run through the cemetery."
   "It's pretty."
   "Of course you would think that." He smiles, looking at the grass. Each strand of grass brushes against his fingers smoothly. "How have you been?"
    "Fucking terrible," he says without a second thought, maybe not even any thought at all. My eyes drop down to his hand, hating that it's me whose made him feel this way. There's no way I'm going to be able to stay away from him again after this, there's no use when knowing he'll be on my mind twenty-four-seven. But this damn pregnancy is what's going to cause us problems now. I just want to get rid of every problem and have it go back to a few months ago.
     "I didn't realized how much you affected everything in my life," he tells me. You never know what you have until it's gone. "I try to spend time with Emmy as much as I can, but I've been burying myself in work cause that's the only thing that keeps my mind off you."
    "Have you...slept with anyone?" He shakes his head, a serious expression on his face. 
    "No, nor have I even thought about doing that. Davina, I know it sounds like nothing hit an excuse, but what I did was purely because of the alcohol in my system. When I'm sober I have no desire for any woman who isn't you," he says.
     Tears spring to my eyes at his sweet words. I wish they were in different context, but I'll take them in any way I can. However, it is hard for me to trust that he means it, so I don't let it process too much. It goes straight to my heart instead of my brain.
       "I'm ready to try again if you are," I tell him. His eyes brighten, shoulders visibly relaxing. His thick, tattooed fingers lace with mine, bringing them up to his lips. The sweet gesture makes my heart swell.   
    "You're gonna have to work with me if we go back to how things were. I have a job now, one I'm very happy with and have waited so long for. You can't take that from me," I tell him. He looks straight ahead, tightening his grip on my hand when I think he's going to let it go.
    "I just don't see the point in working if you don't have to. I would feel a lot more comfortable if I knew you were safe at all times at home," he says. I knew he wouldn't let this one go easily. Me working has been a discussion before when I was staying with him during the summer and he shut that down real quick. At the time it wasn't too big of a deal since I wasn't sure if I was staying or not.
     "But it would make me feel better if I worked. I don't want to depend on you and only you. If anything were to happen, I want something to fall back on," I explain. Sighing, he straightens up and looks at me.
   "Okay," he agrees. I smile in relief that it didn't turn into a big deal. Any little thing could tick him off, especially things you wouldn't expect.
    "And one more thing," I say. "You put your location in my phone so I know where you are."
    "Tracking me?"
    "Hopefully one day I won't feel the need to." He takes his lip between his teeth, biting it as he looks down at me. If there's anything that going to help regain my trust in him, it's this. It'll show me that I have nothing to worry about if he isn't scared of me knowing where he at all times. I won't even pay that much attention to it I'm sure because of how sidetracked I always get.
       "I'm not going to lie. I have more than one phone for different purposes. Some can't be tracked," he says. I can't tell if he's telling the truth or not. "You're just gonna have to trust that when I'm at work, I'm working and there's reasons why that can't be know. I leave my personal phone at home when on business most of the time."
   "Take it with you."
   "That would be dangerous. It could fall out of my pocket and then boom, whoever has it knows everything about you, my family, phone numbers, everything. I understand that you can't trust me, but you have to try a little bit on this part of things." I give it up, knowing there's no point in pushing it anymore since he's right. Taking his personal phone on business would be stupid. "But when I have my personal phone you can know where I am at all times. I'm not going to mess this up again."
    "That's what you said last time."
    "I mean it this time, not that I didn't last time but I want to forget about it." I get what he means, but it's not as easy for me. He wasn't the one who got hurt. I was hurt by more things than just him cheating, but also his words the night he was drunk, and letting me get to the point of having a string bond with  Emmy when he had to have known there was a chance of him messing up again. I wonder if he was actually drinking the months before when he promised he wasn't.
     "Watch, I'm gonna go home and be haunted." I laugh, looking back at my parents gravestones. So many people have told me they would be proud of me, but hearing it from him somehow means something different. He didn't know them, but he's told me in the past that I have two different personalities some times (not in a weird way because he would send me to a psych ward), that he's sure are each other parents because of the change in moods. My dad was always the more grumpy one and my mom was bubbly and always cheery. Their mix in personalities made them mash together perfectly in a way only they understood.
     "If a whisky glass gets thrown at your head that's my dad."
    "Nice to know."

     AN: I had to make a lot of cuts for this chapter and a lot of other ones because these chapters were way to damn long 😂 Everything that was cut wasn't important, so you aren't missing out on anything lol I really hope you guys enjoyed!
      Question: What do you think of them getting their footing back? What would you like to see in upcoming chapters?

     AN: I had to make a lot of cuts for this chapter and a lot of other ones because these chapters were way to damn long 😂 Everything that was cut wasn't important, so you aren't missing out on anything lol I really hope you guys enjoyed!      ...