•1 Corinthians 13:7•

1 Corinthians 13:7- " It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

{•Unedited•}
~Davina's POV~

The bedroom door slowly opening in the early evening makes me shoot up from where I'm laying in the center of the bed on top of the covers. Sin cocks a confused brow at me as he shuts it behind him. I haven't came out of this room since I came here from what happened in Sin's office with Kole. I'm still shaken from and it's still processing.
He never made it seem like he wanted to be more than friends. I would be blind not to be attracted to him, I have working eyes, but that attraction is look wise. Personality wise we're too similar, we would butt heads too much. He gives too much...free will. And not to mention the fact that him even close to me made me want to vomit.
"You're jumpy," he says, coming towards the bed and laying on his stomach next to me. I force a smile, scratching my neck nervously. Telling him would result in him storming to find Kole and killing him. Kole messed up, but he doesn't deserve to die. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I had that on my conscious.
"I haven't heard any noise for about an hour, it scared me," I tell him. It's not a whole lie. He doesn't look convinced like I thought he would. Getting up, he unbuttons the first three buttons of his light blue shirt. I love when he wears light colors and you can see the ink on his body through it in the right lighting.
"Come with me," he says. It's not a request but a demand. I wrap my arms around myself as I walk with him out of the room and down the hall. My heart beats in my ears as we go the way to his office. I left it exactly as it was before except dusted, and that's saying something since he could put things much nicer if he had someone help him. He doesn't have to take out his key when going in and I know I locked it.
There isn't anything messed up like I was expecting. His chair is a little more pulled out than it was when I first came in earlier but I wasn't focused on that small detail when getting out.
"Why am I in here?" I ask nervously, clasping my hands behind my back. He sits down behind his desk. I look at the chair in front of him anxiously, not sure if I'm supposed to sit there or stand. So many horrible criminals, business partners of his, and people's had to kill have been in that seat and I don't want to feel like one of them.
"Don't look so scared," he says, gesturing me over with his head. I practically run over, wanting to stop looking at that chair from that point of view. He pulls out a little more for me to sit on his lap, wrapping his arms around me. "Did you come here in here earlier?"
You could hear a pin drop. My lips part but nothing comes out because I know if I start lying he's somehow going to find out himself. I just don't want to tell him the whole truth of what happened in here.
"Silence is only going to get me mad. Either you tell me you came in here or I have to find who did and fire them."
"I did, but it was only to clean," I admit. His eyes narrow at me. "I was only cleaning because of how bored I was and there wasn't anywhere else. I promise I didn't go through your files or computer." His features soft at my words, the corners of his mouth sneaking upwards just a little.
"You can go through it as long as you're prepared for what you'll see," he tells me. I must really be crazy because his words gives me butterflies, like him saying he doesn't care if I look at his criminal work means anything more. He trusts me. "Now that I have you in here through, I think it's only appropriate for me to fu-"
"No," I interrupt him. That didn't mean to slip but I knew what he was going to say as soon as he started. His brows furrow, not in anger but...concern? "I'm tired today. I want to go lay down."
"Just this morning in the shower you could hardly keep your hands off of me; you're sex drive can't go away that quick. What happened today?" He knows me too well. He trusts me and I think it's about time I start trusting him too. I already do, but halfheartedly. "I usually never have to pry things out of you."
"I'm scared of what you might do," I tell him quietly. I can't keep the fear from showing in my voice. His silence doesn't help my nerves. "Kole tried making a move on me while I was in here, said he was looking for you but I don't think that was his intention. He kissed me but I kneed him. Nothing else happened and I promise-"
     "You don't have to tell me you didn't do it, I know you didn't," he says. My shoulders relax. "You aren't off the hook though." What? I was honest, I could have lied. "You weren't going to tell me because of what I might do to him."
    "I thought you would kill him..." He smiles manically.
    "Oh, I am. He touched what's mine, no one else gets to touch you," he says, his voice low. I look away from him, feeling sick to my stomach. I can't have a man's death on my conscious; it would be my fault. "Look at me, Davina."
"If you kill him I'm going to feel guilty," I admit. Gripping my jaw gently, he turns my head to look at him. His face is set in stone, giving me no hint to what he's feeling or thinking. "All he did was kiss me and I stopped him. If you want, toughen him up a bit but nothing more."
He sighs, getting up while still holding me to place me on his desk. My chest tightens at the feeling of the cold polished wood. His eyes are dark and serious. "If I want to kill him, I'm going to kill him. You understand?" Even though I don't, I nod. He doesn't seem to be in the mood for negotiation. "You trying to save his ass only got me mad."
"Y-you said that if I didn't tell you, you'd be mad." He smirks, parting my legs with his warm hands and getting between them.
"I'm only going to roughen you up a bit." Just as he starts leaning down to kiss me someone knocks lightly on the door. He doesn't move out of place when he calls for the person to come in, making my face go red. Enzo looks like he just walked in a horrible live porno when he comes in with papers in his hands. "What is it?"
"Some more intel on..." his words trail off when he looks towards me. Sin nods and backs out fo his potion to go to him. He looks relieved to find Sin's pants still fully intact. Handing him the papers, they exchange a few quick words that I can't hear properly. Sin locks the door behind Enzo and tosses the papers next to me on the desk. Sitting back down, I slide off and settle myself back on his much more comfortable lap. His grip on my hip and thigh is right but I don't comment on it.
His eyes bounce around, his wheels obviously turning. I can look at the papers as long as I'm ready for what I'm going to see. Reaching forward I grab them, expecting him to stop me but he doesn't. My eyes scam over the first three papers. The first is a record of a man named Kennith Amity whose been changed with murder on two accounts at a very young age and then escaped when getting arrested for attempted rape of a minor.
The next page is much darker than even that and I wasn't ready to see it. My stomach tightens in disgust and horror even though I don't know what context this stuff is in. I try getting up from Sin's lap but he doesn't allow it. Information on a sex trafficking ring inks the page. Marbelo Trafficking is what's written very small at the top of the corner as if it doesn't have an actual name but they gave it one.
"Please tell me-"
"I'm not working with them. We're trying to stop them," he says, stopping me before it can all leave my mouth. "I'm trying to stay out of that whole business the best I can. My men got into messy shit but it's my fault cause I made the call as a first option. I didn't know some were stupid enough to start working for the sick piece of shit," he says. I walk up behind him wrapping my arms around him. He relaxes, looking outside the window.
    "Do I even want to know what kind of trafficking you're talking about?" He shakes his head but proceeds to tell me anyways. If he tells me anything I take it to heart, knowing he only tells me what's important.
    "Sex trafficking," he tells me. I freeze in place. He turns around in my arms. "I promise I've never had anything to do with it, that shit is sick." I nod, knowing that already. "But I need you to stay close. Never go anywhere by yourself."
    "Do I have to worry about myself in this situation?" I can feel myself start to get sick.
   "No, you know you're safe with me. No one will ever touch you, it's just to be on the safer side," he tells me. It's not like I've been getting very far from him lately so he has nothing to worry about in terms of me getting out. "Do you still want to go out tonight?"
"Did you tell me all that so I wouldn't want to?" I ask with a laugh. He shakes his head, finally giving me a smile. "I still want to go."
"Then go get ready before I take you on this desk." Is that supposed to make me want to leave?
••••••
The next day:

         Sin is stressing me out for no reason about this appointment. All we're doing is finding the gender but how jittery he is about the whole thing makes me fear something will happen. He explained that it's only because he never went to any of the doctors appointments for Emmy and doesn't know what to expect. I tried giving him a general run down but when he started asking questions that I couldn't answer he just got more nervous.
      The doctor rubs the jell over my stomach, staring intensely at the small screen in front of her and then the much larger one for us. The only thing I know for sure is that it's my stomach but I can't tell where my child is. Whenever the doctor has told me "there it is" I just smile as if I know but all I see is a blob, a lovely blob, but a blob.
      "First baby?" She asks.
     "No," Sin says the same time I say yes. She gives us a quick glance with an uncomfortable smile. This is my first time going through such a bodily change and it will be my first time with a new born. Although I wish the situation was different, I'm happy this isn't his first go around so at least one of us knows what the hell we're doing.
     "Well, your other baby is gonna be a big brother or sister to a baby girl," she tells us with a wide smile. There's a little disappointment that it isn't a little boy but I'm happy none the less. Emmy's my daughter no matter what, but this one is literally a piece of Sin and I. My love for them will be exactly the same, blood or not.
     "That's what it looks like inside of you?" He asks as if this is just now hitting him, looking at the screen with furrowed brows. His eyes run over the moving image of our little blob.
     "Those are the legs and you can see that they aren't any extra parts," the nurse says with a smile. I look up at Sin with a wide smile.
    "It's a girl? As in a female?" I nod, squeezes his hand. He looks at the screen again, his eyes squinted.
    "They're gonna kill me. Three girls, one man...we gotta have another one and make it a boy," he tells me, sounding serious. I laugh, thinking he's crazy. I definitely don't think I want anymore kids after this.
    "Gender isn't guaranteed."
    "Actually, there are certain positions that give you a more likely chance of hav-" I shoot her a look before she can hi too far. Sin gets what she's trying to say though.
    "Continue..."

     AN: Who's gonna die? KOLE! Who fucked up big time? KOLE! And whose gonna kill him? SIN! I really hope you guys enjoyed! Also, this was announced on my Instagram (vaehwrites_) but, there will be a spin off of this story about our favorite sassy girl...EMMY! Her story is...well...it's something 😂 Coming mid-November!

     Question: Are you happy they're having a girl? What would you like to see happen?