•Ephesians 5:6•

Ephesians 5:6- "Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God's wrath comes on those who are disobedient."

      {•Edited•}
                        ~Davina's POV~

        I wake to the sound of Emmy's giggling and movement beside me. Turning onto my side with squinted eyes, I see Sin laying next to me in bed shirtless as if he slept in here with me. He didn't; at least he wasn't when I fell asleep. He's crazy, but I don't think he's crazy enough to invade my privacy like that. 
     "Told you she would wake up soon," she says, smiling down at me. I brush my hair out of my face, laying in my back. Sin scoots further towards the edge to keep space between us. I wonder why he's in here, but I don't question it in front of Emmy. It's most likely so she doesn't think somethings wrong. She doesn't need to know what's going on between us, it has nothing to do with her. I wonder if maybe she seen any of these women come in or out of here.
     "Your eyes are red. Were you crying?" I ask her. She gets off from straddling Sin's stomach and lays between us. Thank god.
   "I'm sick," she says, her voice scratchy. My brows tug together in confusion. She seemed perfectly fine last night when I was helping her clean up a mess she made, but that could have just been because I was too heated to notice. The tip of her nose is also light pink, under her eyes swollen; a cold for sure. She hadn't gotten sick yet since school first started, so it was a matter of time. I just hope it doesn't turn into the flue since it is that time of the year.
       "When we go downstairs I'll give you some medicine, okay?" I tell her, moving her hat out of her face. She nods, closing her eyes. Her long lashes fan out on the tops of her cheekbones, curling at the ends. Their black pigment compliments her grey-green eyes so well.
    "I think it's cause Thomas was sitting next to me. He was sick too," she mumbles.
    "You were sitting next to a boy?" Sin says teasingly, placing his hand on his small side and shaking her. She laughs but coughs right after. She opens her bright eyes and looks at him.  
    "He's mean. He always takes and throws my stuff on purpose," she says sadly. My brows raise in surprise; I didn't know she was having problems at school. She might not see it as a problem, but it's mean.
    "He probably just likes you," Sin tells her with a playful smile. "You have to stay away from boys," he tells her. Her brows raise, very confused. I giggle at her reaction. "They're disgusting, terrible things."
    "No, they're not," I tell her, not wanting her to get the wrong idea. There are good men out there, I know that because of my stepdad and brother. We just have to search for them and not settle for less than we deserve. I need to start listening to myself. "Your dad is being dramatic. There are good boys out there, not all of them are mean. And if I boy is mean to you, it doesn't mean he likes you, he could just be mean."
    "Oh come on, he might like her-"
   "You really want to teach her that when a boy is mean to her or hits her that it means he likes her?" He stops talking, knowing I'm right. He already seems to condone cheating, I don't want to think he doesn't see wrong in abuse too. "You just have to find someone very special who will treat you right and will love you the way you deserve." I can't tell if I'm talking to myself or her.
     ••••••

    I stare at my suitcase, wondering if leaving is even worth the try. He would never let me go without putting up a fight and I'm so stupid I would let him win. I talked to Livvi and she mentioned having hopes of me coming home early. They both wanted me to spend the holiday with them but I promised Emmy and in trying my hardest not to break it.
    My current plan is complicated and incomplete. I want to go home for the rest of the break, get away from Sin and everything around him to clear my head and come back to it when my mentality is better. I'll come up for thanksgiving to keep my promise, but am staying no longer. I don't want to make any decisions when I can't think everything through clearly. Everything in me screams to end things, at least try, but it hurts my heart to even think about, but so does staying.
     He turned himself around once, at least I think, could he do it again? Would he do it again? My trust will never be the same, I'm permanently damaged in that area. Would I even consider restoring things again after he did what he promised he wouldn't? These are all questions I need to think about but can't.
     The bedroom door opens, Sin coming in stresses casually for once. His black washed jeans have small rips at the knees and his white-shirt hugs his muscular form perfectly. If I wasn't thinking so hard about my next moves I would be dropping.
     "My head is killing me," he says, walking to the bathroom counter. Opening the cabinet, he takes out a small bottle of Aspirin. I roll my eyes at him, having no sympathy for his hangover.
    "Do you remember last night?" I ask him, his words replaying in my head like a broken record. He had called the sex we had lame. I let him see me in my lost vulnerable state, in a way no one else has; I trusted him with something I can never get back. 
    "I remember fighting, but not the details," he says, placing one of the white pills in his tongue and opening the water bottle that's in his hand. "Was it bad?" He doesn't remember what he said.
    Tears flood my eyes as they have been since yesterday. I didn't know my body contained so much water. How can the one person who brings me so much comfort cause me the worst pain I've ever experienced?  Tears escape from my eyes, falling straight to my lap since my head is down.
    "Y-you said terrible things to me, Sin," I tell him, my lips trembling. His Adam's apple bobs when he nervously swallows. I don't want to repeat the things he said, but I want him to feel the guilt if sober him has any. "You told me that you have a reason to cheat, that what we had was a lame excuse for sex. You don't regret anything that you did." Saying that makes my stomach churn.
    He also looks disgusted with himself. His hands ball into fists, the muscles in his biceps and veins in his arms pulsing. My tears are uncontainable once again, free flowing down my face.
     "I didn't mean any of that. I was drunk off my ass, listen now that I'm sober," he says, sounding desperate. I want to give in listen, but I feel like that's taking a step back. I'm leaving. I get up, swallowing down the thick lump in my throat. Taking in a deep breath, it's shaky and loud.
    "Don't they say a drunk tongue is a sober one?" He shakes his head, reaching for my hand. I step back, crossing my arms over my chest to tuck them away from him. He sighs, closing his eyes. "D-do you actually love me? Or was all of this just so you could have something to do? Someone to play with when you want to play house?" He flinches at my words, looking at the floor.
     His cheeks are a bright shade of pink, licking his lips. "Of course I love you, so much; you don't even understand. I can't even begin to understand this situation. There is absolutely no excuse for what I did; I fucked up again and I have to live with it."
    His eyes roam over my face as he talks, hands shaking in front of him. It's tempting to reach out and hold them. "I want to understand."
    "So do I, I don't know what the hell I'm doing when I drink. I swear, I swear on my life that I will stop completely," he says, pressing his hands together in a begging manner. My heart does two beats a second. "Please let me-let me fix things again like I did last time. Just don't leave. I can't lose you."
    His voice cracks, tears leaving his eyes. My heart strings tug me towards him but I fight back. He deserves this pain. My heart tries telling me he doesn't, that I should forgive and forget but my brain knows that's not heathy for me. I need to do what's best for me.
    ••••••
                            ~Sin's POV~

          There's no way I'm losing her, she can't leave me if she tried. But the pain in my chest hurts as if she is. I don't want to hold her captive where she isn't happy but I want to mend what was broken. She means everything to me, I'm not ready to go of what we have. She's not leaving until I say she can.
         "I want to know one thing," she says, turning towards me from her suitcase that's wide open on the ground. I hope this one thing can turn everything around if I answer right. She blinks rapidly to keep her tears at bay, her lips trembling. "Why am I not enough? I've been good to you. You actually lead me to believe you loved me."
"Davina, I do-"
"Stop, you don't love me. If you did I would be enough for you, you wouldn't feel the need to fill in my spot in the bed when I'm gone. "Why wasn't anything I did enough?"
I look away from her, feeling ashamed of my silence. She takes a step back, looking at me in disgust. I wish I could answer her, but I don't know how to. She is enough, more than that. I'm just fucked up. I don't even deserve to be having this conversation with her.
"Fuck you, Sinith." Her words sting, but I welcome it since I know I'm well deserving. She walks over to where her clothes from yesterday are folded in the chair in the corner. "I'm going home."
    "No, you're not. You're staying until it's time for you to return to school like originally planned. Let's work this out before you go,"
I beg her, taking her hand. She tugs it away, eyes bed and vibrant with green coloring.
    "This isn't something that can be restored in three days. I need time to think away from everything. Nothing can be fixed if I don't have space," she tells me, keeping eye contact. I chew on the inside of my cheek, mentally debating whether to let her go or not. "I'll come back on Thursday to following through with my promise to Emmy, but that's it."
    "You promise to talk things over with me eventually?" Her eyes harden.
    "I'm done, Sin. Please just stop this for both our sakes."
    "We aren't done until I say we are. I'm not done with you yet."

     AN: The come around us coming, I promise. Also, guys, I put up some of the chapters for the rewritten, official version of  "Common Criminal." I would really appreciate it if you checked it out! I really hope you guys enjoyed!
    Question: What do you think of the situation?

" I would really appreciate it if you checked it out! I really hope you guys enjoyed!     Question: What do you think of the situation?