•Revelations 21:4•

Revelations 21:4- "He will wipe every tear from their eyes

Revelations 21:4- "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death' or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
{•Unedited•}
~Davina's POV~

"Where are we going?" I ask Sin, taking my eyes away from the passing trees. He keeps his attention on the road as he smiles. This is the first time I've been out of the house in two weeks. He's been trying to take me places with him but I've refused until today because he said it was important for our relationship.
Today feels like my mood, sunny with lot of grey clouds. My spirits have lifted the last few days but I'm not how I used to be, I'm nowhere close to that. Sin has been pushing Emmy to spend time with me which I feel horrible for but it does make me feel better to feel like things could fall back in place. I don't even feel in control of Eve, she only wants her daddy. The only time she lets me hold her and won't cry is when he's around.
"I was thinking the other night how I've lived in the house for so long now and there are so many people in it that it doesn't really feel like a home; it feels like a headquarters. Ever since this whole thing happened I don't feel comfortable having you or the girls outside at all and I don't like that," he tells me. I reach over and lace my fingers with his on his lap. He gives my hand a tight squeeze, raising it to his lips. Ever since I've gotten make I've wanted his touch in some way. "I want to have a home with just you and our girls. Valentino's wife is a real estate agent, so I called her and she's taking us to look at a few homes."
"Sin," I gasp in surprise. He puts our hands on the divider. We already live together but this will be official, a place that's only been his and mine. It's crazy to think that we really do have a family together. He wants to come home to me alone with our kids, no millions of guest bedrooms and his men walking the halls; something about that warms my heart. "That's a big step."
"I kidnapped you and that's how we got to this point in our lives; I don't think we go by the traditional steps," he says, pulling down another road full of fields. As beautiful as it is I hate the smell of grass and dirt; it smells like the room I was in. I roll up my window and rest my head back. "If you want to slow down we can."
"No, I want this for us I'm just...I don't want anything to happen if we do this," I tell him. He glances at me for a second. "I know you love me, you've proved that, but I still have my fears. You could see someone one day that catches your eye more than me or...make a "mistake" again. This is all a lot."
"I know," he says, creasing the back of my hand with his thumb. A white house and barn slowly come into view. I wince as we drive down the now bumpy dirt road. A car is parked in front of the barn. My eyes widen as I look at the house. It takes him parking to snap me out of it.
     Around the house is filled with growing Chrysanthemum flowers until you walk a good fifteen feet and hit dirt. We get out and walk up the porch, looking around the front one more time.
    Inside is nicely furnished with a very modern style. The way it's decorated takes away from it's appeal towards me but I guess it's nice. I cringe at the countless gold table knickknacks that are definitely from target. Mirrors hang on almost every other wall with fake family pictures in rustic picture frames. The house is nice, but the interior designer is doing it no favors.
    "Sinith," a tall women with bright red hair says. There's an innocent look to her which I wasn't expecting when he said she was Valentino's wife. The grey dress she wears hangs very loosely on her body, covering her chest completely and stopping at her collarbones. She wears very short heals that would be ugly on an older women but somehow she pulls them off. Her red hair falls into shiny straight waves around her.
    He gives her a quick hug, not letting go of my hand. She pulls back and smiles brightly at me. Even with the short hells shes much taller than me. "You must be Davina?" I nod, extending my hand out but she wraps her arms around me instead. She's a hugger. She steps back and walks us to the entirely glass table in what's meant to be a dining room. "I'm Melissa. What do you guys think of the outside so far?"
    He nudges me with his elbow, raising his brows at me. I'm not used to answering the questions. Him putting me in control feels weird and strangely uncomfortable.
     "It's very peaceful," I tell her. She nods and asks a few more questions about what we want in a home. Sin makes me answer, only adding in small details. I've never pictured what my first hike would look like. I always imagined doing the average thing and moving into an apartment first then slowly working my way up to a house. This all seems surreal.
    Not only that, but I didn't think I'd live far from my brother forever. Him and I are on bad terms, yes, but he's my brother. Ever since my dad passed away he's been all I had. Over a man who kidnapped me and made me fall in love with him I lost my brother. He hasn't tried reaching out and I don't even know if he was aware of my absence.
    "Let me show you around the first two floors before the outside," she says, grabbing her notes and phone. Sin laces his fingers with mine and grins down at me. I can tell by the look in his eyes that he's hiding how excited he really is. They're brighter than usual and taking in everything they catch. I find such behavior like that cute when coming from someone like him. He makes himself look so hard and threatening but secretly gets excited about house hunting and loves to hold hands.
    "If there's anything you don't like tell me," he whispers in my ear. I nod, giving him a quick smile. When we get upstairs anxiety tightens my chest. Seeing all the doors open takes me back to the apartment I was in. In the way out I looked around to see what it looked like where I wasn't able to see. I don't even go inside the master bedroom when I see that it's completely empty with no furniture.  
     "Come on," he says, shaking my hand for me to come with him. I shake my head, feeling my eyes start to water. Yanking my hand out of his, I rush down the stairs, nearly slipping on the last three steps. I hear Sin coming after me but I don't slow down. The fresh air hits me in the face when I swing the door open. The smell of the flowers is nice and almost instantly calming to my body but not my mind. The most simple of things can remind me of that place.
       "I'm sorry," I say, knowing Sin is close behind me. His arms wrap around my shoulders. I turn around in his arms, letting my tears fall. He doesn't say anything as I cry quietly into his chest. The little mascara I put on is definitely smeared under my eyes and on his shirt. "I'm such a mess."
    "It's okay," he tells me, smoothing down my hair. My hands fist his shirt in my small hands, shaking as I try to control my hog tears. How much I've been crying is starting to get embarrassing. He tells me it's okay, that he didn't expect anything different and that I have a reason to cry, but there has to be an extent to that. He isn't the kind of person who likes to deal with emotions.
    "I seen the empty and it reminded me of-of there," I tell him. He nods, cupping my face in his rough hands. His hands are warm against my cold skin. "If the rooms don't have anything in them I don't think I'll be able to do it."
    "I'll tell her that," he says. I nod, taking a deep breath. He leads me back inside the house where Valentino's wife is standing at the top of the stairs. She probably thinks I'm insane. "Are the other rooms furnished?" He asks before heading back up.
   "The guest bedroom," she says, coming down stairs. The way her dress sways around her legs gives me anxiety, looking like it's going to make her trip. "It's the same layout as the master." We follow her down the hall, passing a medium sized room with a counter, washer, and dryer. She takes three keys out of her pockets, picking out the right one and quickly knocking the door.  
    Instead of a normal door this one slides open and has a handle as a knob. The guest room is big and bright with large windows to the right. There's a walk in closet on the left hand wall. Sin stems behind me as I look around. Just like the living room, the way it's decorated isn't my preference but it's cute.
    "I like it," I tell him, squeezing his hand. He gives himself a satisfied smile. He lets go of my hand and walks to Melissa. The sun shines through the large windows that have the blinds lifted to the very top. The size of them would make me a little nervous with how open the outside is but I can't imagine Sin ever leaving me here alone without some form of security.
     "She wants to show us the barn now," he says, catching my attention. I take in a sharp breath and put my smile back in like it's a Halloween mask.
     "I want to see it too."
    •••••••
                          ~Sin's POV~