•James 4:14•

James 4:14- "Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow

James 4:14- "Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes."
{•Unedited•}
     "Reward" for reading until the end 😉😂
~Davina's POV~

I wake up covered with a blanket I know I didn't put over myself last night. The sheets beside me are crinkled up, letting me know Sin was in here last night. Last night comes back to my memory I feel horrible again. He let me hear everything that was in his heart, I know how hard that is for him and still I rejected him.
Getting out for the day is what I need. I've been here for too long and I'm feeling homesick. My brother and I haven't spoken since I told him I was pregnant, but I don't think he would kick me out if I showed up to visit. One of the maids can watch the girls for a few hours since they're still at the other house. If I leave a note for Sin he can't get mad and Valentino can drive me so I'll be safe.
I get out of bed and go to the closet to find something to wear. The weather has been fluctuating about three times a day so I wear something I can wear a jacket with.

     Ever since I had Eve my breasts have gotten reasonably bigger they still aren't anything to stare at

Ever since I had Eve my breasts have gotten reasonably bigger they still aren't anything to stare at. I try wearing jewelry whenever it looks okay to draw attention to there to show I have something but Sin doesn't like that. The last time I wore a necklace Enzo's eyes were glued to my chest for a good ten minutes before Sun had to snap him out of it.
Valentino is sitting on the couch reading a book when I walk into the living room. Even though this is Sin and mines "quiet" house, Enzo and Valentino are always over whether it be just because or for business. It comfortable knowing I'm never alone even here. After what happened I'm always on edge, no matter how much time has passed.
"Val," I say, making him jump. The book I'm that I quickly notice is Fifty Shades Of Grey falls onto his lap. I can't get on him for reading it since it is mine and I shamelessly read it to wind down at night. I don't see it as a story about sex but about two people that grew together and learned to deal with each other's differences. I have my own Christian Grey, theres no need for me to fantasize about the fictional one when mine is better...and hotter. And tattooed. And...god, we've gone too long without sex.
We tried once the first night we moved in here. Everything was going great until he touched my scars. It's hard to feel beautiful when you have something on your body that shouldn't be there. It's not like it's a small cut either, I have the long one that's about six shades lighter than my skin on my arm from ripping the rope and a long, thick one down the side of my body from one my abusers knives.
"Yes, Gioia?" He asks, fixing the jacket of his suit. The navy blue color of the material makes his eyes pop.
"Gioia?" I ask, not knowing a drip of Italian.
"It means "joy." You bring a lot of joy," he says with a smile. If I was hormonal that would have been something to make me cry. Out of all the men he's definitely the most kind hearted. He hasn't let his career take over who he is like the other guys and I see that as a strength. He has heart, most of it being with his wife. "Anyways, what did you need?"
"Can you drive me to see my brother? I haven't seen him in so long; I'm feeling homesick," I tell him. He sighs, chewing on the inside of my cheek. He knows Sin doesn't know about this, if that were the case it would be Sin asking him to drive me. "I know it's a lot to have you go against Sin, but he won't let me if I ask."
"Are you two fighting?" He asks. He's not the person I wanted to talk to about this but if he to be so be it.
"He proposed last night," I admit. His brows raise in shock. "He was so sweet and let me know how he felt, everything I could wanted from and I rejected him. I-I don't even really know why other than that I'm scared, b-but shouldn't I feel like he can protect me? He's proven that much." 
    He sits up straighter, crossing his buff arms over his chest. Even the way he sits makes him look like he's ready to do business. Melissa always says that that what she likes most about him since she's super into that whole "dominate-submissive" stuff, and I don't just mean in the bedroom. That's another reason why I wasn't surprised to find him reading that book.
     "It sounds to me like your fear is getting in the way, but you know what you want," he says. As he speaks some of his words are hard to make out with his accent. "Sin is very...how do you say it in English? Hon-"
    "Honorable?" He nods.
   "Si, that. You've changed him, Davina. Without you he is lost," he tells me. "I will take you to see your fratello*brother* if that's what you really think will ease your mind." My body relaxed when he agrees. I know I could just be going all this way to be laughed at by Xavier but it's what I need.
••••••