•John 13:7•

John 13:7- "You may not understand now what I am doing, but someday, you will."

{•Unedited•}
~Sin's POV~

"This is everything you've got?" I ask Dominic. He takes charge of our files and sorting documents. He nods, looking down at the two thick files of papers on Santiago Florencio. I know of him from friends who know of him as well and I'm aquatinted with Zavian Corinthos who knows him on a more personal level.
Having the majority of control over the Bureau of Prisons instead of the old leading director is making it a hell of a lot easier to keep who I need out in the streets doing business. Castel, the leader of the South Park gang, runs most of the gun shipments out of California with Sonny, leader of Los Rebeldes Orgullo MC. Santiago is Castel's right hand man, so there's a chance of him being the brains of the operation. I'm not in the position to take chances right now, so I need him out.
     The mother fucker is looking at more time I was expecting. Zavian told me the story of what happened over the phone and I've been so intrigued yet upset over something in my life. His brother is real piece of shit, but I'm not one to talk. I know that if I get him out I will be needing to get Alaric Woods out as well, his nephew. I should have been an asshole and not agreed to helping Zav out with this.
     As much as I don't enjoy it, this is giving me something to put my attention to during the day. Emmy is at school until five now because she wanted to do something with the after school program, so that leaves me with more time in my hands than I'd prefer.
    Staying loyal isn't hard at all without alcohol in my system. If I had gotten that through my head a few months ago that would have been great. Again, I'm not trying to blame my disloyalty all on alcohol, it's also me just being a horny dumbass, but that was the main part of the problem.
      Kole has t been around the house as often recently and I'm not stupid enough to not know he's spending time with Davina. He left his phone on the kitchen counter a few nights ago and one of her messages was left on read. Knowing she would be upset if I questions him about it and it would be a setback for me, I let that go. Then last night Emmy told me she talked to Vina through Kole's phone.
     I wasn't sure how to feel about that at first, my emotions all over the place ever since she left. If were broken up, should she be staying in contact with my daughter even if Emmy has a connection to her? I couldn't even be upset when I seen how happy she was telling me about their conversation.
     "Yeah. He's good at keeping a low profile; everything he probably has is under a fake name. I'm thinking that if you asked Zavian for permission to search Bexley's records I could find something else on him possibly."   
      "I will bring it up to him tomorrow over dinner. You can join us if you'd like," I tell him, starting towards the door. I don't know how he can work in here. He keeps the lighting dim when he could change the lighting to something brighter. I can hardly see the words on the files in this light, but that could also just be because I'm getting old.
     "Thank you, Mr. Memosa, but I'm having dinner with my wife and daughter. She's turning ten," he says. My brows raise in surprise. I remember when he first told me his wife, Sarah, was pregnant. He was happy and scared at the same time because he was young, but everything worked out the way it's supposed to in the end.
     "Tell her I said happy birthday," I tell him. "I'll be back in later tonight to get the files. Emmy is still awake, and I don't want her getting ahold of those." He nods in understanding, grabbing then and setting them on his shelf.   
     "I'll leave the room unlocked for you." Nodding at time, I twist the doorknob, ready for bed. This day has seemed to drag on and on just like every other day. By the ends of the night, I'm always exhausted and it's not as great as it sounds. I still have a hard time falling asleep with Davina on my mind.
    I did break one of her rules and messaged her a few times, but she either blocked my number or is simply ignoring me. After my fifth try, I gave up. I have to go to Skyville anyways and the chances of bumping into her will be high depending if the day I get there.
    "Sin," Dom says before I can close the door behind me. I push it open a little further to see him again. "I like this new change in you. Whatever the reason may be, stick to it."
     "I will."
    •••••••
                        ~Davina's POV~

        "There are plenty of option that we offer to single moms like you. This is a shock and a lot to take it in. If you want-"
     "Are you sure you read the results right? I haven't even been getting symptoms," I say, blinking away tears. I refuse to cry about this; I did this to myself. If I had used my brain Thanksgiving night, then I wouldn't be a month pregnant.
     "Fatigue and food cravings are signs of pregnancy. While morning sickness is the most common, not every women gets it," she tells me. I run my fingers through my hair. I want to ask about the options, but I know guilt will surface immediately after. I can't have an abortion, not because I'm against it but I just know I'm not capable of doing that myself. Maybe adoption. "Excuse me if this is not an appropriate question, but are you aware of who the father is?"
     My breath gets caught in my throat. Even f I wanted to, I couldn't tell Sin about this. He probably has enough on his plate usual and one kid already. Gosh, I miss Emmy so much. I talked to her on the phone last night and it was the best "girls talk" I've had in a while. I miss being face to face and helping her in the mornings and withs school work. I miss life over here.
     Sin has been in my mind like a never ending song. I worry about what he's doing and if he's okay more than I did when I was actually there.   It keeps me up at night wondering if he's sticking to his vow and staying "faithful." He doesn't have to, I'm not his girlfriend, but the curiosity is eating at me.
     I asked Emmy about him on the phone. She said that he started working a lot again, but still finds time to play with her in the backyard. He's also trying to get her to like Christmas, cause so far it's her least favorite holiday. She's just not a fan of the music and the nights. Him on the other hand...the way he puts it is like he thinks the world of that one holiday. I found it cute when he told me about how he likes to decoration for Emmy to like the holiday but isn't good at it.
     "Y-Yeah, my ex boyfriend. We just recently ended things. We're no longer in contact," I tell her. It's wrong of me to keep this from him, but I can't tell him now at least. She nods, setting her clipboard on her lap. "Do you maybe have some of those pamphlet things that I can take home?"
    "Of course. I'll be right back."

     AN: I know this chapter is weird, but it's just to show what's been going on in the month that they've been separated. If you haven't already, you should go check out my Florencio Series, which talks about the characters and situations Sin is working on in this chapter 😊 I really hope you guys enjoyed!
     Question: What do you think she should do?

 If you haven't already, you should go check out my Florencio Series, which talks about the characters and situations Sin is working on in this chapter 😊 I really hope you guys enjoyed!      Question: What do you think she should do?