1○

The weather is gloomy as I hear my alarm clock through my dream. I start to stir, opening my eyes and raising my hand to my side dresser to shut off the alarm.

"Damn alarm always messes up my nice dreams" I say softly to myself

Pushing the covers back I sit up and rub my eyes and gets out the bed. Going to the bathroom i turn my shower on so the water will be warming up and heads to the kitchen.

Walking into my kitchen i go to my coffee pot and add my coffee grinds into the filter and adds about 2 cups water. I don't drink much so 2 cups will do just fine. I press start and head back to my bathroom.

I walk into the bathroom and closed my door and takes off my nightgown and undies and looks at myself in the mirror.

I need to lose weight.

I'm 5'0 so it all goes below.

Making a puff noise i grab my toothbrush and adds toothpaste and start to brush my teeth while going to the shower and testing the water.

Spitting out the toothpaste and rinsing my mouth out with mouthwash i step into the shower and take my shower and washing my head.

After my shower i step out and put on my work clothes i had laying out on the counter. It's nothing special just a blue Tshirt and black pants. The uniforms are nice looking but i love my apron. It's black with red roses covering it.

I quickly dress and start to brush my hair desiding to put it in a messy bun( I'm lazy what can i say) and head to the kitchen to fix my cup of coffee adding 1 french caramel creamer and 3 scoops of sugar. Yummy.

I drink my coffee in a hurry grabbing a banana and eating it. Grabbing my apron and putting on my black work shoes i leave and head to work.

I love my nice normal days and after work, I'll come home and read a book after my shift.

Stepping outside and noticing the rain i turn back and grab my umbrella from inside the house door before shutting and locking up.

Taking the car remote out of my purse i press the unlock button and shoves them back inside before opening my umbrella and stepping into the rain.

I open the car door quickly climbing in and closing my umbrella and shaking it off before laying in on the passenger side floorboard.

Starting my car I put my seatbelt on and turns on my radio turning the volume up as i hear one of my favorite songs playing on Q93.

Pulling out my drive way i start to head to work as my phone starts to ring and i notice it's my father calling.

Hitting accept on my touch screen dash i say hello.

"Hey sweetie" i hear my fathers dull voice

Rolling my eyes as i hear him call me sweetie. What does he want now? Why can't he just be a normal Dad calling to check up on his daughter instead of trying to play the good dad when he needs me for something.

"Hi father" i reply back loudly making sure he can hear me over the rain.

"Where are you going in this weather Emma?" He asks just as loud.

"Heading to work. You know the thing you do to earn honest money. Have to have a way to pay bills right?" I say quickly

"I work Emma" He says

"No. You gamble. That's dirty money. It's always getting you into something" I say shortly

"Well speaking of something. I need a favor from my daughter" He replies and laughs a little.

I knew it. I knew he had a reason for calling me and it wasn't just to tell me to drive safe.

"How much this time?" i ask

" Just 500" He says.

"500? For that?!" i ask loudly.

I can tell in my tone of voice I'm being rude but i honestly don't care anymore this is all the time. I keep lending him money trying to be the good daughter but i dont make enough to keep up with his habits.

" I need things to live Emma. I need food" He says with a chuckle

This isn't funny bastard.

"What happend to the 250 i gave you just last week for food?" I ask

" oh sweetie that 250 didn't last me long"

" Why you lost another bet?" i ask again

" Fine. Yes i did. I was so sure that fighter would triple my money and but the dude he was fighting against knocked him out" He explains.

Like i give a flying cookie sheet.

"I can't give you anymore right now Father. I have bills to pay and I'm trying to go to college you fucking know this" i say

" but you don't understand-

I cut him off quickly

"No. You don't. Instead of getting your ass out of those underground fights and having a real job you waste all my hard earned money daily. Enough now." i reply

"Emma please-

I hang up.

Fuck him. Emma please my ass. I'm tired of this. Tired of working my ass off and for what? What do i have to show for it? My run down apartment? My stove hardly works and my freezer is always messing up.

Throwing my phone on the passenger seat i turn the radio up louder ignoring the calls from my father and drive to work.