Chapter One: An Annoyed Wolf

Annoyed.

A seven letter word that held so much meaning. With so many opportunities to use it and have it accurately represent your situation, like the one I was in now. Enduring a twelve hour car ride back to packlands after three months away demolishing renegade camps with other pack Omicrons. These past few months fed my violent tendencies well but this bus ride was ruining my post kill mood. It wasn't the constant stream of words spilling from their mouths that was bothering me this time. It was all the words not being said and the tension filling the bus that annoyed me.

They had seen the full extent of what I could and would do when my Alpha wasn't there to call me off. Watched as I clawed out the guts of one enemy while ripping out the throat of another with my fangs in human form. They were scared of the strength and abilities I possessed as a Feral Born. And that was exactly the reaction my Alpha had sent me to receive.

Normally I was kept close to the pack because as their Omicron, I was the first line of defense. Meaning that anything perceived as a threat to the pack inside or out, was handled by me. So to be outsourced was a rare occurrence but it was past time for the other packs to meet the Silver Fangs Omicron.

And what better way to do that then by sending me out with others of my position so they could run back to their packs with what they had witnessed. My Alphas way of showing the rest of the Shifter world that the Silver Fangs were well protected. And with the way these shifters flapped their mouths, I wouldn't be surprised if it was already circling the pack gossip pools.

The tension in the bus increased as I moved around in my seat trying to get comfortable. I know the men and women in this bus had never met a Feral Born before this ...excursion but this was ridiculous. It wasn't like I was some uncontrollable monster, I was just born with my human and wolf mind combined. My wolf wasn't a separate entity like theirs to call upon when needed or with slightly heightened senses in human form. Me and my wolf were truly one being, I had more abilities than a regular shifter and that made me dangerous in their eyes. A very human-like mentality they had, to fear what they didn't understand.

I also thought differently than they did and had the combined strength of a wolf and a human in either form. Could shift certain parts of my body at will and had all my wolf senses in human form. It was why I could hear the differences in heart beats, detect lies, and sniff out sickness, fertility cycles and pregnancies. I winced slightly at the thought, being Feral Born had it's advantages but there was nothing more uncomfortable than smelling when a female was in peak pregnancy conditions.

The male to my right, Brian I think his name was, finally closed his mouth to jerk back when he noticed I moved a little due to my wince. Even after three months in close quarters with me, they were all still so jumpy.

"Relax. Your anxiety is making me hostile." I said, wiggling my shifted nails in his face to show him that I wasn't joking.

Paling slightly, he leaned further back into his friends side and faced the front of the bus. Instead of staring until he started to sweat because it would amuse me, I turned away. Looking out the window to watch the snowy wonderland of Alaska whizz by. After being down in Arizona for so long it made me realize how much I missed running through the snow-covered mountains. The heat had been shit on my already short temper so I was irritated basically the entire time I had been there. Besides when we were killing, of course. But it didn't help matters that the rest of the Omicron were a chatty bunch.

While generally, we, the Omicron, were a silent murdery type it looked like this group didn't fit into that stereotype. I had almost killed at least half of the ten that were in my squadron but as that would've reflected badly on the pack I controlled myself. And took out all my aggression on the renegade campsites, especially the last one. Who at the time thought it would be a good idea to try and takeover the Night Star pack by raping and pillaging.