Chapter Seven: Went To Town Pt. 2

"What! Where?" Devin exclaimed, squinting at the tree line.

Reaching out with one arm, I grabbed the neck of his blue hoodie and yanked him behind me. "Link Ryan and tell him to get the teens back to the bus."

"But it's neutral territory they can-"

"Now." I snarled lowly.

While Devin had wasted time with useless questions, the renegades in the treeline moved closer. One man and two women stood there dressed in army fatigues creating shadows under the trees. And even though Devin was right, these renegades could be here peacefully. Their bared fangs and glares made it obvious they were here for anything but peace.

"Alright, I told him. They're on their way."

Good. The renegades were getting too close to the treeline for comfort,"Get on the bus."

He walked around to stand beside me, "No, we can take these-"

Narrowing my eyes, I tracked the movements of the male renegade who stepped out from the woods to stare me down. Keeping my gaze locked on his, I lowered my head and snapped my fangs together with a loud clack. A direct challenge. The edges of my lips curved upwards when I realized I wouldn't have to hold back with them. The male mimicked my motions and added a snarl of acceptance. Sending a shiver of excitement racing up my spine at the thought of sinking my fangs into his throat.

"-Onnn second thought, your smile is psychotic. You got this."

His footsteps shuffled away at a hurried pace in the direction of the old school bus. Only to be replaced by the multiple pairs coming quickly out of the store and into the parking lot. Not wanting to move my eyes from the treeline I took a whiff of the air, confirming that the footsteps were coming from my fellow pack members. All of them heading straight for the bus except for the pair beelining for me. Keeping my stance rigid, I waited for him to stop next to me.

"You think they're behind the notes?" Ryan asked, leaning forward to whisper in my ear.

His hoodie brushed my bare shoulder making me consciously aware of his closeness, "Most likely but it could always be another group."

Ryan's cheek nudged mine as he motioned with his head,"Did he challenge you?"

The male in question gave another growl before stepping back to disappear into the woods. The renegade was impatient to fight and to be honest, so was I.

Moving my head to break the skin on skin contact, I told him bluntly, "No, he accepted mine. Take the teens to the territory. I'll be back to brief Otis when I've finished."

He didn't move, "How many?"

"Three. One man and two women."

"Slaughter them. I'll take the teens back to the pack."

His aggressive words took me by surprise but I wasn't going to sit here and ask about them, "I always do."

"I'll see you in an hour then and don't forget we still have to talk. Have fun!" Ryan shouted after me.

As soon as I knew he would be taking the teens back to the pack, I was sprinting across the parking lot and through the trees. Picking up on their scent, I ran deeper into the woods until I reached the small group. The male I challenged was just turning to face me, words pouring from his mouth when I jumped on his back. It didn't matter what he was going to say, I had no time for words. He promised bloodshed when he accepted and I was going to make sure he delivered.

Knees clutching his hips, I reached a hand up an over to grab underneath his chin and slam his head back. Bracing my other hand on his shoulder, I threw my head forward and buried my fangs deep into his throat. His claws sliced into my forearms as he tried to rip me off of him while releasing strangled screams. And the fact that I knew exactly what type of pain the male was going through made his screams even sweeter.