Epilogue

Ryan's P.O.V

Two Weeks Later...

Humming in contentment, I swung the axe down harshly and split the wood right down the middle. The logs tilted and fell off the stump into the growing pile beside it. Kai didn't think we needed this much wood but as the only one in the cabin who actually still got cold, I strongly disagreed. Which was why I was chopping up more wood after she had already chopped some. She thought it was amusing that I got cold and used it as an excuse to mate, not that I was complaining but a man needed a break sometimes.

Slader, no need break.

Rolling my eyes, I stopped chopping the wood to reply. I'm still not talking to you.

You. Big. Baby.

Excuse me? You had me chase after a squirrel for three hours yesterday. In front of Kai. I think I have the right to be upset.

Mate liked. Laughed.

Slamming the axe into the stump, I snarled, Because we fell into the stream!

Faults yours. Weird body have no reflexes.

Gasping in indignation, I refused to respond to him and his new found sassiness. Being a Splintered wasn't all that different from being a regular shifter. The only noticeable changes were with my senses, strength and wolf. Me and Slader were much closer now, which unfortunately meant that sometimes his wants overpowered my own. Hence the squirrel debacle, and his expanded vocabulary. Thankfully though, Kai was helping me create a balance between my wants and Slader's. It was slow going but half of the time I was able to stop myself.

Slader know something you don't, He taunted with a raised snout. Mate told him and not you.

Growling in annoyance, I spit, If you're not going to tell me then stop talking about it!

"Fighting with your wolf again?"

Jumping, I spun around to face my Buttercup, "You really need to stop sneaking up on me."

Her ruby eyes crinkled as she laughed, "Even with your heightened senses, you're still the same."

Standing there dressed in her usual attire of cargo pants and a tank top, I still couldn't believe that this incredible woman was all mine. Snowflakes dotted her loose dark hair and melted on her skin as she walked towards me with a smile. If someone were to tell me two months ago that I'd be mated to Kai and living in her cabin, I would've punched them in the face for playing with my emotions like that.

"Otis told me something interesting the other day."

"Oh?" I questioned, pulling her into my arms.

Her brow arched, "You want pups."

"Uhhhhhhh," It was like all rational thought had suddenly fled my brain at her words, "I mean, I might've said that. Weird. That. Is. So. Weird. How did this come up again? I do possibly maybe sometime in the future, like a wayyyyy distant,-Well not that distant because I am twenty seven and I'd want to be able to run around with them. Although, when I think about it my age wouldn't really matter because I'm not the one getting pregnant...that's not a possibility now that I'm a Splintered right? RIGHT?" I was practically hyperventilating at the end of my speech.

Hands cupped my face and when Kai spoke it sounded as if she was trying not to laugh, "No. You can't get pregnant. Hate to be the one to break it to you, Love. But you don't have the right anatomy."