Chapter Fourteen: Truth Bombs

Everyone shot to their feet the second Jasper went crashing to the floor beneath Ryan. Snarls and snapping fangs filled the air as the two males grappled on the floor beside me. Turning, I looked down at them in shock and amusement. Shock because even though I knew Ryan was the Beta of the pack, it never really occurred to me that he was capable of violence. It was amusing to watch someone I usually thought of as a happy person acting like...well, acting like me.

Grabbing Jasper by the front of his shirt, Ryan lifted him up slightly and started to repeatedly slam his head into the floor. Disoriented, Jasper raised his clawed hands, ripping holes into Ryan's sleeves in a poor attempt to stop him. Ignoring the shouts for Ryan to calm down, I watched as Jasper's arm stretched out to wrap his hand around my ankle. Looking from it to his face and back again, I smirked and took a step back breaking his hold.

"Holy shit, Otis! He's going to kill him!" Reese shouted in response to Ryan now having his hands wrapped around Jasper's pale throat.

Otis stomped towards the fighting pair and started shouting something at Ryan. While he was doing that, I took notice of how the muscles in Ryan's back were visible through his thin sweater at the moment. They flexed and strained every time Ryan squeezed his hands around Jaspers neck. I bet they were very well defined under all that clothing. I knew he was in good shape because the long sleeves he sometimes wore were clingy but now I was curious on how he looked without those pesky layers. When I could really look at his shirtless form.

The growls reached a whole new volume as Jasper landed a solid hit to the side of Ryan's head. Blindsided by the blow, Ryan fell back giving Otis and Candice the opportunity to grab him. Jasper scrambled back, grasping his neck in the process while Ryan viciously fought to be released. The veins in his neck bulged as he impressively kept ignoring Otis's Alpha commands to stop. His eyes were pitch back and narrowed in on Jasper with the intensity one would have when hunting down a buck.

"Fuck." Candice grunted out, her hold on Ryan slipping.

"Why the fuck didn't you stop him? Do your job!" Jasper whisper screamed at me.

I furrowed my brow, "You're not pack. I don't have to protect you nor do I want to."

When he tried to reach for me to do who knows what, Ryan let loose something astonishingly close to a hunting howl. And since Feral Born's were the only ones who could howl from our human throat, everyone sort of paused. If I thought I had been turned on when he started to get violent, I most definitely in heat when he released that sound. Candice and Otis shared a look before quickly tightening their grip on Ryan who tried to use their shock to his advantage. Snapping his fangs together in rage, Ryan stomped on Otis foot and then threw his now free elbow straight back into his nose. Jasper was half out of the door when Ryan charged at him again.

This time everyone in the room seemed to shout variations of the same thing at me.

"Grab him, Kai!"

"Take him down!"

"Get your man!"

Eyes hooded, I nodded and moved to meet Ryan half way.

He moved swiftly to the left trying to dodge me but I was faster. Shoving him back harshly, he hit the side of the long table and snarled at me. Flashing my fangs, I waited for him to make another move to get around me. He watched me with dark eyes and made a swipe for my face with his claws. As soon as I bent back to avoid the blow, he made a mad dash for the door. Leaping for him, I wrapped my arms around his waist and brought to the floor much like he did with Jasper.

Straddling his back, I moved to keep him pinned to the floor while Jasper with Reece's help finally left the room. Candice and Otis had just stepped closer to help me when Ryan suddenly began pushing himself up off the floor with me still attached to his back. Slipping an arm around his neck in a chokehold, I locked my legs around his waist to keep from falling. I put more pressure on his windpipe as he got to his feet still snarling. When did he get so sexy?