Chapter Twenty-Five: Truly Monstrous

Eyeing her, I took a deep sniff in her direction trying to figure out what she was. There was no way she was a shifter but she also wasn't pale enough to be a vampire.

A thin blue brow arched in disdain, "Are you sniffing me? You better turn that snout around. I've killed for less."

Looking at her, I realized her features were a little hazy like something was blocking me from seeing her entire face at once. "Colin."

"Yes, Dominant."

"Does her face look hazy to you?" Maybe I'd taken too many hits to the head.

He stepped up next to me and took a minute to stare at her, "Your right. It's like I'm looking at her through a fog. I can only see the part I'm focusing on clearly."

"What are you and why were you in prison?" I demanded.

Her mouth curved into a mocking smile, "Hasn't anyone ever told you that it's rude to ask an ex-con what they did?"

I snarled sharply and flashed a fang, "Answer the questions."

"Oooo, fangs. I have those too, want to see?" She smiled again but this time instead of blunt human teeth, every tooth was as sharp as a fang.

What. The. Fuck. "What are you?"

The woman hummed, "Someone who wants to make your escape easier for a small price."

I shook my head, "No. If you want our help then I need to know what you are and why you were locked up for so long." She could be a mass-murdering psycho for all I knew who planned to turn on us as soon as we freed her from those chains.

"So brash," she gasped. "And already you want the first date treatment."

"I'm mated, just answer the questions already." I barked, confused.

Her royal blue eyes rolled to the ceiling, "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours."

"Show you what?" I asked.

She looked back at me and then to others before sighing dramatically, "I'll tell you what you want to know if you answer the same questions you ask."

"No. I don't have time for this. Tell me what I want to know."

"Are you ordering me?" Her tone sounded curiously amused, "Interesting."

Growling in irritation, I turned away from the woman to look back down at my cuffs. I didn't have time to argue with a strange woman and I didn't want it to turn into a fight. My instincts warned me against it, I didn't know what she was but I could feel that she was something very old and very powerful. But I also couldn't afford for her to turn around and help our captor either so I was going to try another one of Ryan's methods. I was going to give her the silent treatment.

"You'll never get them off without my help." She sing songed.

Breaking the cuffs was out, I didn't have enough strength to snap the double coated metal. I couldn't melt it either as I don't have anything to do that with and it'd melt into our skin, killing us. Brows furrowing, I strained to think of anything I could do to rid us of these cuffs that didn't involve the woman. Tilting the cuffs this way and that, I tried to find a part where the metal was the thinnest or had a keyhole. Glancing up, I caught sight of the desperate Feral Borns around me all pulling at or banging their cuffs against the bars in the hopes that it'd break.

Damnit.

Slowly, I turned back around to face the woman, "Fine."

She raised a brow, "Fine, what?"