Chapter 12

INAYA

Today Yasin told me, he is going restaurant to meet his friends and he wanted to introduce me to his friends. I was pretty bored at home, so I agreed and I was actually feeling happy that he wanted to introduce me to his friends. I spoke to Aunt Zara in the afternoon, I told her that Yasin is going to take me to dinner as he wanted me to meet his friends.

Yasin wants to meet you with his friends? I never knew he has friends other than Ray? She said surprised.

I thought maybe Aunt Zara dint know, but she muttered somehow she felt strange about it.

I was passing by Yasin's room and when I saw his room, his room was so daam clean and perfect. I went inside his room and saw a frame which was so different and unique. It looked like an old watch and behind the watch there was a baby pink coloured cloth which looked old too. I thought it was a picture but when I took the frame it was real watch. I kept the frame in its place and looked around his room.

There was a diary which was opened and there was a pen in it. Looks like he writes diaries too, I knew it would not be good to read. As I would definitely not like anyone touching my diary. So I went to close the diary, because of wind one of the paper inside the diary fell in the floor. When I took it, I saw a photo of a young boy who looked like Yasin but besides him there was Man and women, who wasn't Aunt Zara and Uncle Arman.

There was a beautiful girl who looked a little elder to him and when I turned the photo, my eyes widened... Mom and dad I miss you and I know your prayers are always with me.

I heard the bell and I quickly kept the photo in his diary and rushed to my room, I was so confused. Then who is Aunt Zara and Uncle Arman? Are those his real parents? All these questions would only be answered by him. But I don't think I could ask him.

He knocked in my room and he came in and asked would you like to go for shopping?

Yeah I would I said and he told me to get changed and he would wait for me outside.

After getting ready, we both went to the shopping Mall and Yasin told me to buy whatever I wanted to. I was wondering if I could ask him about the picture. So I asked him, can we have coffee and then will go to shopping?

Sure he smiled and there was so much rush, Yasin was walking so fast I wasn't able to catch his speed and I felt I was being pushed back because of the crowd.

I wasn't able to find him..

                        *****
YASIN

Do you like coffee? I asked and turned to look at her but she was no where to be found.

I went a little forward passing by the crowd and saw she was still back. How could you leave her like that man? Your so stupid Yasin I scolded myself and walked near to her and gave her my hand.

She looked at me and mumbled I'm fine.. I can come by myself.

I put my hands in hers and held it litely and we came to the coffee shop, what would you like to have? I asked

Uhh Latte coffee, she muttered looking at our hands.

I din't realise we were still holding hands, so I quickly left my hand.

Can I ask you something? She asked.

Yeah I guess you can, I smiled.

Tell me about your childhood? She replied.

I was feeling uneasy, I dint really like to talk about my childhood. Mosty everyone would want to go back to thier childhood days but I did not, I hated my childhood! I kept quiet for sometime and then she saw me and I guess she felt I din't like to talk about childhood. Instead I asked her, If you tell me about your childhood I would then tell you mine.

At first she hesitated but then she kept talking. She told me she was so bad and naughty at her childhood. She would do many pranks in school and end up always being in principle room. And how her dad would still support her infront of the principal. She had to change so many schools because of it. She said about her siblings fights and at this moment I remember my sister.

Yeah Sanam used to always pull my hair whenever she gets mad!

Sanam?! Who?! She asked

Ya Allah what have I blabbered?

I lied saying she was my neighbour...We were like sisters and brothers.

She dint say anything and smiled.

So can we go now? It's getting late and we have to go for dinner too, I asked.

Yeah oaky! She said fixing her hijab. While shopping she kept seeing a shop like she really wanted to buy those.

When I saw.. the shop name was couples fashionte. Would you like to go to that shop? I asked.

No! I was just looking, she replied.

Come on, let's go! I suggested.

But she dint agree, she said she wanted to go to home.

                        *****
INAYA

Yasin told me Ray was also joining us for dinner, so I thought I would use atleast this opportunity to talk to him about Em!

Though I dint believe him, when he said Sanam was his neighbour. But I knew he was was definitely hiding something.

I thought to leave it for now and enjoy the dinner. Besides if he wants me to meet his friends, then it definitely means he is accepting me as his wife? I thought and smiled.

When we reached to the restaurant, I saw the restaurant it was pretty good and I liked the name of the restaurant it was 786 Halal.

Do you like the restaurant? Yasin asked.

Yeah it looks so simple and the name is pretty good.

Glad you liked, It was hard for me to find one and Mohammed told me you like Indian foods. Here Indian and Pakistan foods are served and its actually pakistani resturant... I heard its one of the best restaurant.

Wow really, I screamed excitedly and hugged him. I Love foods.. Foods are my first love no my dad then food.. I blabbered, he chuckled and then I pulled away from him and mumbled sorry.

We walked inside the restaurant and I was too embarrassed to see Yasin. Ray was sitting with two girls and two guys. So I imagined that they would be couples. But I guess my imaginations were wrong.

Because Ray introduced me to thier friends and told me that they were all friends from childhood. I never actually minded girls and boys being friends. I din't like the way how the society sees if a girl and a boy are friends.

Nice to meet you, I am Maye! I am close to Yasin than all of us. We never thought he would marry.. She chuckled and Allah knows what she was blabbering, about her clothes and watches and what not? I hated the way she was looking at Yasin. She definitely dint look at him as friend. I noticed Yasin was not even looking at her, but he kept glancing at me then and then. Which really made me nervous and smile, That actually gave me some trust on him that he isn't interested in her.