Chapter 14

INAYA

I heard him speaking to someone on the phone, “ I'm looking after Inaya every night, still her nightmares are not gone.”

Yes Mohammed, don't worry about me, I sleep at office during lunch time.

What? Does he knows about my nightmares? I walked back to my room annoyed. What does it mean, he looks after me every night? I do know I get dreams of that day. But I hated when someone knows or talk about it. I was feeling so angry.

Is that why He isn't sleeping? But he said he was working OVERNIGHT? He isn't sleeping because of me?? Ufff yar... Whatever I need to free my mind so I took my notebook.

Dear Notebook,

You know, I hate it when someone knows about my nightmares. No matter what I do, I can't forget that day. I can't even write about that day, how will I even talk about that day! I can't stop having these nightmares. I wonder is he worried about me? How I wish I could tell this, but I don't want to... I can't.... Its too hard for me

I sighed and closed the notebook and went to bed. Em called me and almost yelled at me through the phone.

What's wrong with you Em? I asked.

Whats this one year contract? Have you been hiding this from me? She asked frustrated.

How did you know? I asked shocked.

Does that even matter? Now tell me what the hell is going on? She shouted.

Listen Em! I know you're angry, I wanted to tell you. But I couldn't. Just calm down okay? And don't tell anyone about it..

That son of bitch! Did he made this stupid contract? She shouted.

Wooh Calm down! Don't scold him. It's not his plan it's all mine.. you know I wasn't ready for this marriage but because Mohammed forced me. I had to do something and I dint find any other way.

What? Are you nuts? What kind of stupid rules are these,

1) You must keep your distance from me and If any of us falls in love with someone, we must let go.

2) We can do whatever we want to, but only after a year we are supposed to leave eachother.

3) If we like each other then the contract is off.

What the hell? Are you going to explain these Inaya?

Ya Allah How did you know all these? I asked.

I'm in your room now I came to take my gown, which I left in your home the other day and I found this contract in your cupboard. Now can you explain this stupidity? She asked.

I thought it's best for me, I muttered.

Best for you? What will you tell your mom when your one year contract is off? How can you be so selfish Inaya! What were you even thinking? Em almost yelled.

Look I know your mad at me, you have every right to. But don't tell anyone about this especially Mohammed Okay? I'm sorry okay??