Chapter 19

INAYA

What kind of person is he?? He is such a lunatic. Ahhhh soo annoying.. I took my pillow and started hitting it thinking that it was him.

I cleaned my room and then I was feeling better. Whenever I feel mad cleaning always helped me. Maybe it's my way of getting rid of my anger?

I called Haqim that night and told him. I would not come early tomorrow, He said it was fine. What a gentleman he is I thought. Next day I woke up early, prayed my moring prayers and then went to dinning room I saw him cooking. Good morning Inaya he said when he noticed me.

Good morning, I replied.

I din't say much as usually as I used to, I was feeling strange to even say something. After breakfast he got ready and went to office. That was my chance I wanted to check his room to find about his sister. His room is always so clean he is a clean freak! I searched his diary every where.. But I wasn't able to find it.

Where would have this man kept his diary ? If I were in his place where would I keep? I thought.

Aahh! Somewhere where I cannot reach? He would have kept it above the cupboards. I stood in his bed to check! But there was nothing, I searched even under the bed. Ya Allah I'm done I said and went to my room annoyed.

I heard someone opening the front door I thought Yasin came back early and rushed to see him.

Assalamualaikum Bhabhi You dint go to work? He questioned.

I was about to leave now.. are you here to pick up something??

I came to take a file Yasin forgot it, He replied.

Oh sure go ahead, I said and followed him.

He turned back and asked Do you have something to ask?

Yeah But can you not tell Yasin about it? I hesitated.

Okay! Don't worry I won't tell him bhabhi.

Where would Yasin hide something? If he wants to? I asked.

Obviously inside the bathroom cabinet! He mumbled

Really? Thankyou so much, I said smiling mischievously.

What's that your looking for? He asked.

It's nothing he just took my stuff and hided it. I'm searching it I half lied.

He smiled and took the file and was about to leave when I asked him, I have something to ask you too are you in rush?

No bhabhi I still have sometime, He said looking at his watch.

It's ju -just about my a a -my friend? I stammered when he said, "Bhabhi I am cool type of person unlike Yasin", you can tell me anything.

Haha.. Okay Do you want to marry? I have a friend, and I think you guys will be really good together.

What? No? I I mean I already have a girl, He stuttered and rushed out.

He has a girl? But he said he is single? Whatever! I will find better man for my bestfriend. I mumbled and walked to Yasin room and checked his bathroom. Just like Ray said it was in his cabinet. I took his diary kept it in my bag and went to work.

I'm so sorry Haqim, I'm new here and I'm already coming late.

It's okay Inaya! No issues, he smiled.

There were few more people working in his studio. They dint really like me. I guess it's because I'm not good as they were?

Though my only work here was painting but the girl named Jinne and other girls. Made me bring coffee for them and they called me for any work, which was not my work. When Haqim would be around they would be so good. But when he goes they used to annoy me.

I wasn't even bothered a bit because of them. I just thought they were being childish. No matter how hard they tired to annoy me I did not get annoyed. Which actually pissed them off more. It was lunch time. While I was having lunch I opened Yasin's dairy and started reading,

How will I ever tell Zara and Arman that, I'm not interested in outside world. I am honestly happy just sitting alone in my room all day, talking to myself. They think I'm lonely and sad, but I'm not, I'm actually happy smiling at myself. I just hate to talk , see and interact with people. I don't feel comfortable around people!

Arman just hired Ray to be my friend I know, but I can't get close to people. It's just not my thing. People eventually leave one day or other. I don't believe in any of them. Someday they just leave no matter how good they are, every beginning had its End. So I'm better off being alone, I'm happy...

I closed the diary I don't think I would be able to read anymore, I dint know what's with me?! But tears started rolling down my cheeks, he must have been really going through tough time being with me? I am making it even harder. He already does not believe in people and I just proved him right.

Are you okay? Haqim asked.

I turned and nodded my head.

Here take my kerchief, he gave. It's okay I'm good! I said and went to washroom. I washed my face and came back.

Haqim was a good boss, he helped me with my paintings and then he said he would drop me home. But I told him I would go myself. But it was raining, and I hate rains!! I always lock myself when it rains, I was kindof shivering. I was starting to remember that day.

It's raining? I will drop you okay? He asked concerned.

No! I-I'm al-alright, I stuttered and then I saw Yasin was there.

Hey Haqim, see you tomorrow. My husband is here, I said happily. I don't know why I was feeling so happy that he was here.

Okay! See you he said and went.

I was about to walk towards the car, when Yasin came out and told me to stand right there, he opened the umbrella and he ran towards me.

Mohammed said you are sensitive with rain's, so I came to pick you up, He looked worried.

I looked at him and smiled, I was feeling safe because he was here. My dad's memories kept coming in front of me I was shivering. I closed my eyes so I couldn't see that terrifying day.