-𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

No words came from the girl that had Suki on her lap. Question after question was ignored, the girl simply staring at the floor. Taehyung watched her closely, how unhealthy the girl looked with raggedy clothing. "How about we go get some snacks, Suki, for your mommy." Taehyung walked over to Suki.

The girl gulped and looked at Suki before nodding. With that Suki nodded and grabbed Taehyung's hand before getting down and walking out of the room with Taehyung. That's when the girl started to speak. "I had Itsuki when I was seventeen." She picked at her skin. "I got kicked out, was living on the streets before the father of Suki took me in."

Jungkook slowly sat down on the chair to listen as he looked at the detective that was recording the whole thing. "Suki's father was five years older than me. He did drugs and was a very bipolar man. He died from an overdose earlier this year and... I just." The girl burst into tears.

"He was a bad guy, very. Though he never hurt Suki. He was the best dad I promise you that. Did everything for Suki and when we lost him, I didn't know what to do. Suki looks so much like his dad and I just, I couldn't. I'm not capable to take care of Suki and so I abandoned him. I abandoned my child." The girl looked up at the cop with almost like a sadistic smile. Clearly her mind was not in the right place.

"I took him out of the small crappy apartment we lived in and took a bus that was an hour out. I told him we were going to the zoo and- and I told him to wait for me as I got onto the bus. I left him there without knowing what would happen to him." She admitted, tears streaming down her face. That's when she fully broke down.

Jungkook only stared at the girl in disbelief. How could she leave a six-year-old boy out there? Without knowing what would happen to him? Then not even having the decency to hold her son and tell him she missed him or even admit she did wrong? It made Jungkook's blood boil as he stared at the girl.

"Isn't this illegal? She openly admitted she abandoned her son knowing that anything could happen to him. She left him alone with just a few snacks in which Suki finished within the day!" Jungkook stood up, motioning hands towards her anytime he would bring her up. The girl only sat there while picking at her wrist, sniffling every so often.

No matter how young Jungkook knew she was, he still thought it was so wrong on so many levels. "You know you could have left him someplace where he was safe. Instead, you left him all alone. A six-year-old boy all alone on the streets. Shit, all he wanted to do was go to the damn zoo." Jungkook mentioned.

The officer calmed Jungkook who sat back down and took a couple of deep breaths. "Why don't you try raising a kid all by yourself!" The girl raised her voice and turned to Jungkook. "You don't know one single thing about being a single mother. You... You don't know anything. The day I lost his father was the day I lost myself! Looking at him-" She choked out. "Looking at him hurts me. I can't... I can't be his mother. I just can't!" She gulped, taking a moment before she tried to leave the room but the officer stopped her.

"I'm sorry ma'am but you have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer questions. Anything you say may be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to consult an attorney before speaking to the police and to have an attorney present during questioning now or in the future." The cop locked the handcuffs as the girl cried while trying to remove herself.

That's when Suki got back and dropped the snacks as he ran to his mother. "Mommy! Don't take my mommy!" The boy broke into a cry. "Come here, Suki." Jungkook crouched down but Suki didn't let go of his mother who sniffled. "Suki, Suki baby, go see him." She managed to speak although she didn't look at Suki which only hurt the boy more as he cried out for his mother who was again, leaving him.

As for Taehyung, the boy watched everything from the door and how she got escorted out. How Suki cried in Jungkook's arm and how Jungkook held Suki tightly, holding onto the boy while Taehyung leaned on the door and looked at the two.

"So, this is all going to court?" Taehyung asked after being told everything from Jungkook who held a sleeping Suki in his arms. "Yeah. They said she has a chance of losing all parental rights. Then Suki would go into the system and... ah god, I never signed up for this." Jungkook sighed, walking down the sidewalk with Taehyung who nibbled on his lip.

"I think you're doing a great job at all of this honestly." Taehyung looked down at his feet while walking. "You took in a boy you didn't know. You've been taking care of him like as if he is your own. Loving and caring for him as a parent should. You've really grown Jungkook, I'm proud of you." Taehyung looked at Jungkook who shook his head.

"I've matured is what happened. The me that ruined you is still in there somewhere. One trigger and I'll combust. That's why I'm so afraid to have Suki right now. Sometimes he can get on my nerves but never enough for me to yell or anything. I'm just afraid that one day I might do something that I'll regret, again." Jungkook admitted to Taehyung.

Before Taehyung could say anymore he felt his phone start ringing and so he checked the contact. Jungkook looked over and smiled. "I'll walk up ahead," Jungkook informed Taehyung who nodded and stopped walking as he watched Jungkook walk ahead with Suki in his arms. With that, Taehyung answered his phone and heard Kwanlin on the other end.

"I'm outside your apartment." Kwanlin chuckled as Taehyung nodded and sighed. "Kwanlin- can I have a rain check? Something happened and I think I'm more needed right now." Taehyung pushed his hand into his pocket as the other side went dead silent. "Yeah, yeah sure. Just message me whenever you can." Kwanlin spoke. After a little chat, Taehyung hurried over to Jungkook who looked back and stopped walking after seeing Taehyung running towards them.

"So, you think Suki would be awake by the time we get to the carnival?"