z e r o .

REREADERS!!! please stop spoiling info in the comments or giving subtle hints! if you do find a spoiler in the comments then pls tell me so i can delete the comment. THIS INCLUDES commenting rr on ominous scenes. i WILL start muting users if i see any spoilers. i might even block you, depending on how i'm feeling that day and how bad your spoiler is 😄✌️

Once he got out from his hiding spot, he fell to his knees and broke down, crying his heart out.

"No." He whispered in disbelief.

He grabbed her hand and felt the cold touch from her skin.

"NO, NO!" He screamed at the top of his lungs while his eyes were pouring with tears and snot coming down from his nose.

That's all he could scream.

That two letter word.

His mind couldn't comprehend what was going on.

He looked at what laid in front of him.

His parents, helplessly sprawled on the floor, soaking in their own blood.

He couldn't believe it.

It had to be a dream.

No.

It was a nightmare.

How did things turn so gruesome? Just an hour ago, he was as happy as he could be. All he felt was love and happiness. He never would've imagined that in the next hour, he would witness something that would cause his life to come crushing down on him and haunt him forever.

There was no way that this was real life.

He wanted death.

He wished that he would've died instead of them.

Or to at least die with them.

How was he supposed to go on with his life?

Everything turned to a blur once he heard the sirens of the police.

He felt the vibration of the door slamming open and the footsteps of the police rushing in.

He felt arms pull him back away from his parents.

He saw a figure kneel in from of him, blocking his view.

He felt arms grasp his shoulders and shake him.

He heard voices yelling out to him but his mind couldn't make it into words.

He couldn't move.

His mind was blank and he couldn't think correctly.

He couldn't speak even if he tried.

His focus was just on his deceased parents.

But for some reason, he clearly heard what the paramedics said to the police as it ringed through his mind.

"They're both dead."

The next thing he knew, they were zipping up the black body bag that contained his parents' body and that's when he finally came to terms with the fact that this wasn't a traumatizing dream,

It was the cruel reality of the world and the life he's living.

Why him?

What did he do to deserve this?

Why would anyone want to do that to him and his family?

Why didn't they just kill him too?

Why would they let him live knowing that his parents were murdered in front of his eyes?

This was the work of a devil.

All these thoughts flew through his mind while he was being driven to the police station.

That's when he decided that he was going to live in this world for one reason only.

To get revenge on the person who killed his parents.

»»————- 🍯 ————-««

i don't usually format my chapters like this. it's just for the prologue.

also PLEASE READ THE INTRO CHAPTER if you haven't already!! it contains important information, like tw, heads ups, and just other important things to know before reading! it's not something you should skip.