t h i r t y s i x .

While walking to the dining room, his mom said, "You know, one of my coworker's son is your age and he goes to your school."

They walked into the dining room with the guests, "Oh really? Who could it b-" Jisung stopped his sentence when he made eye contact with the son who was sitting at the table, smiling almost mockingly at him.

"Moonjin?!"

"Hey Jisung." He replied, waving.

"Oh you two already know each other?" Jisung's mom said with delight.

Jisung couldn't speak, he couldn't move, he was too shocked. There was absolutely no way that Moonjin was the son of the women who was coworkers with his mom. There was absolutely no way that the person who stalked and threatened him, was sitting at his dinner table, invited.

"Yeah we do! Actually we're partners for a science project." Moonjin said with such politeness, it could've fooled anyone and it fooled Jisung at first, but he knew better now. He knew the dark truth behind Moonjin's fake innocence.

"Oh so you guys must be friends already." Moonjin's mom said.

"Yeah we are!"

"Jisung?" His mom called out. The boy hadn't even noticed that he was zoned out until his mom called his name. He looked around the table and everyone was looking at him. Jisung's eyes landed on his mom and he smiled before he sat at the dinner table next to his sister.

Jihyo stared at her younger brother and he could feel her gaze, but he ignored it. She knew something was wrong with Jisung. It happened when he saw Moonjin sitting at their dinner table. She saw how his face went pale and how his mouth parted open in shock. Jisung knew something about Moonjin that no one else knew, but what was it?

Jisung looked around the table. He sat in between his dad and sister, his mom and his brother sat at either end of the table. In front of him was Moonjin and he sat in between his younger brother and mother. The chef had already set out the food and drinks in front of them, but Jisung didn't have an appetite with Moonjin sitting right in front of him.

"I'm sorry that my husband couldn't be here today, he has things to do in the office unfortunately." Moonjin's mom apologized.

"Oh no that's okay! Maybe we can have dinner again, but with him there." Jisung's dad replied.

Jisung hoped and prayed that that would never happen. He didn't know if he would be able to sit in front of Moonjin again.

"I never introduced them, but these are my children, Moonjin and Taehong."

You adopted the devil and you don't even know. Jisung thought to himself.

"Ah these are my children, Younghyun, Jihyo and Jisung."

"So how do you know each other?" Moonjin asked rhetorically because he already knew.

"Your mom and I have been coworkers for a while now." Jisung's mom answered. "We've been wanting our families to meet each other, but we never had the time to until now."

"Moonjin, how do you like JYP High School?" Jisung's dad asked.

"Ah it's nice so far. I just transferred to JYP and everyone's been really welcoming of course. I got really lucky to be partnered with Jisung for my first project." Moonjin smiled.