e p i l o g u e .

Seven years later

Minho was standing on one end of a crosswalk, impatiently waiting for Jisung. His shoe repeatedly tapped on the floor as he looked around for the boy.

"Minho!" Someone had yelled.

The mentioned boy whipped his head to the other end of the crosswalk and was met with the love of his life beaming right at him.

Minho immediately broke into a grin. He hadn't seen Jisung since this morning, before the latter had left to run some errands, but even though it was only two in the afternoon, Minho had missed him.

The way that Minho's sweatshirt was swallowing Jisung's small figure just made him look even tinier than usual. The gang member's heart swooned at the sight and he wanted to hug him until Jisung squirmed from his grasp.

The sign finally changed and Jisung was already walking onto the street, towards Minho. The gang member knew what was going to happen next, Jisung was going to give him a quick peck on the lips and then dramatically complain about how tough it was to be apart from each other for "so long" while Minho jokingly rolled his eyes. But secretly he always felt the same way.

The next few moments happened in a blur, Minho couldn't comprehend it. He heard a bunch of honking and then horrifically, he saw a car ram into the love of his life.

Minho stood there stunned, not knowing what just happened. His hearing slowly muted as he saw blood spilling onto the streets and his feet started moving quickly as he begged and begged to every god he could think of, that that wasn't Jisung's blood that was spilling onto the ground.

Minho's throat choked up as he saw his significant other on the floor with blood surrounding him. He knew his mouth was moving and he felt his vocal chords straining, but he couldn't hear anything he was shouting, everything was mute.

The next thing Minho knew, he was at the hospital sitting in the waiting room. How and when he get there was a mystery but he didn't think much of it, the only thing on his mind was Jisung.

Suddenly a doctor came out and called for Minho. The latter abruptly stood up and followed the doctor to the room where Minho guessed is where Jisung was in.

When he entered the room, Jisung was laying on the bed with his head wrapped and bruises all over his body. Quickly Minho got a flashback to when his mother was in the same situation. He shook his head and held the tears back.

This is different, Jisung's not going to die.

Minho quickly walked over to Jisung's side and gently grabbed his hand as he waited for the doctor to speak.

"Han Jisung will be fine. He experienced extreme head trauma, but nothing was broken thankfully. Though due to his head trauma, he might wake up with permanent amnesia. We'll have to see when he wakes up."

Minho felt his heart crack. No, no, no! He closed his eyes and shook his head. The doctor took that as his cue to leave the room and give some space.

Minho must've spaced out because he soon felt Jisung's hand twitch and he heard a groan. The male snapped his neck towards the inured boy and saw him slowly blink his eyes with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Oh thank god your awake Jisung." Minho spoke softly. "How're you feeling?"

Stupid question. Of course Jisung wasn't feeling great, he got run over by a car and now had to lay in the place he hated the most. The hospital.

Jisung confusedly looked around the room and then at Minho and then at their hands entangled. He brought his other hand up to his head before speaking, "I-I'm sorry, um, who are you? And where am I?"