f o r t y t w o .

BEEP... BEEP... BEEP

That's all Jisung could hear. That annoying beeping sound. He couldn't open his eyes, it felt heavy, like his eyes were glued shut. He wanted to go back to sleep, but he couldn't. Where was he? What was that beeping sound and where was it coming from?

Suddenly he heard someone sniffling. His senses slowly started coming back and the pain and soreness all attacked him at once. He groaned in pain, slowly being able to open his eyes finally, only to shut them immediately from the sudden brightness. He slowly and uncomfortably, raised one of his hands to shield his eyes from the light.

He heard the sounds of gasps and footsteps shuffling. The next time he opened his eyes, the room wasn't as bright anymore, someone had dimmed the lights, making it easier for his eyes to adjust to the lighting.

Once Jisung's eyes had eased into the brightness, he noticed that he was in the white room that he knew to hate. He turned to his left and met with teary eyes and relieved eyes.

"Hey hyung, hey noona." Jisung croaked.

Just hearing his voice made Jihyo start spilling tears. "I'm so glad you woke up." She sniffed.

"Don't cry noona, please don't cry." Jisung begged. He wanted to reach up and wipe her tears away, but he was too weak.

"How are you feeling bud?" Brian asked softly.

"Sore, but nothing I haven't felt before." Jisung shrugged.

His brother gave a sad smile, "I'll go get the doctor." He said as he left.

The doctor arrived almost immediately and he just did some simple tests on Jisung and asked how he was feeling, nothing big or special since the boy had just woken up. The doctor left soon after, giving Jisung some time to relax.

"How long was I out?" Jisung asked.

"Two days? Maybe even three." Brian replied.

Jisung's eyes went wide. I've been out for that long? What the hell? Then Jisung's stomach folded inside itself, "Where's Minho?" The boy asked.

Jihyo and Brian looked at each other, not answering Jisung's question. This only made the younger's heart rate go higher which was heard by the heart monitor as it started beeping faster, "Where's Minho?!" He asked frantically. Jisung tried to get up, only slumped back down into his bed, groaning in pain.

"Woah Jisung, stay in your bed, you can't be moving too much it won't help you in any way." Brian said sternly.

"And Minho's outside. He's been here all day and night since the moment you came inside here." Jihyo answered.

"I want to see him." Jisung said.

"Maybe you should rest for a bit first." Jihyo suggested.

Jisung huffed, "No! I want to see Minho!" He demanded making his older siblings sigh.

"Okay okay, we'll go get him." Brian said softly before him and Jisung's sister opened the door and left the room.

Jisung sat in his hospital bed nervous. He felt his heart quicken and he felt a zoo running in his gut. He didn't understand why he was so nervous though. Maybe because of the fact that they've never really had a proper conversation since Minho broke up with him. They had that brief talk when he saved Jisung, but that didn't really count, they both had their feelings all in chaos.

Jisung heard the doorknob turning and he felt his breathing increase. The door opened and he finally saw the boy he fell in love with. Minho had his vision on the floor when he walked inside the room. Jisung could tell that the boy didn't get any rest during the three days that he was unconscious. Minho had bags under his eyes, his hair looked tousled but he wore different clothes. His hands were treated and bandaged. Still, he managed to look as beautiful as ever.