Chapter Two

You swear profusely and roll to your left, throwing yourself off the bed and onto the floor.

You scramble to your feet again as quick as you can, lifting your arm in case you need to protect yourself, but the eyes - now the only source of light in the room - don't move. He just watches you.

"Who are you?" You ask, pleased to find your voice is strong. Not showing fear is always pretty handy when your house is being invaded by a man with flashlight eyes. At least, probably a man? Whoever it was has a deep voice.

"I believe you know the answer to that question." The voice is low and silky-smooth. The eyes never move. Why is he so still? And what the heck did the "queen" comment mean??

"I, uh... do not." You shift, glancing around the room for anything you could use as a weapon. Maybe your math textbook, it was heavy, but you don't remember where exactly you left it and it's too dark to find it.

"Calm yourself, I am not here to hurt you." He probably saw you a lot better than you could see him, whatever kind of flashlight-headlamp-mask he had on was nearly blinding you whenever you tried to look in his direction.

"Then why are you here?"

"To take you back with me." You try very hard not to panic. A kidnapper?? Why you?!

"Why?" You manage.

"To be my queen."

"Okay, yeah, you mentioned that, but I'm still confused, and I don't have any idea who you are, so- so-" Any air of intimidation you may have had is lost as you begin to stammer. "So can you please explain?" Silence, then a chuckle rings out in the darkness of your room. It doesn't even sound sinister, just... amused.

"Give me your hand." A hand lifts into the light from the eyes, large and calloused. Who is this person?? He acts like he knows you, but doesn't remind you of anyone you can think of.

"I..." You pause. Is it worth resisting? He must have some sort of weapon, he wouldn't just break into your house without any sort of plan. "...okay." You reach out and take the hand. He grips yours gently, and chuckles again.

This is it, you think. You're going to disappear into a forced marriage and never see your friends or family again. All that hard work studying for nothing, straight As won't mean anything to whatever arabian tribe you're forcibly married into. You just hope your parents feed your pets, and maybe have a memorial for you or something. And that your friends don't move on too quickly. And maybe that-

The dark room around you vanishes, and you find yourself in a bright field.

Immediately, your eyes snap shut at the light. "What the heck??" You mumble, snatching your arm back and rubbing your eyes. After a few moments, you peek up to see long grass waving in the slight breeze, a forest at the far end of the field. You hear birdsong and the sound of water rushing, and you can smell the pollen in the air. You sneeze.

Finally, you turn to your kidnapper, and stare blankly at him for a good few seconds. He's taller than you by a good amount, maybe 6 and a half feet tall? And he didn't have any sort of headlamp or flashlight - those were just his eyes. His eyes were glowing. He wore a dark green-blue shirt with jeans that were scuffed at the knees, and had dark brown hair that curled around his ears. Dark stubble completed the look, and...

"You're Herobrine." You say aloud. He nods, his face neutral. You, on the other hand, break into relieved laughter. "Oh gosh, it's okay! Man I was nervous." You spin around to admire the scenery. Clouds floated lazily past in the breeze, and you could see wildflowers bobbing their heads in the tall grass.