Chapter Twenty Three

whoA i got on today to find!!! A lot of views and votes!!!!! thank you guys I feel Validated

___

"You know, if you spend all your time watching me, how can you be paying attention to Null?" Notch asks crossly. Herobrine raises one eyebrow.

"Obviously, once I'm in battle I'll have my full attention on my opponent."

"And if he takes you by surprise?"

"That will not happen if you do your job and keep an eye out for him."

"I'm fairly certain that my job is to let you kill him and then try to break down his wall." Herobrine opens his mouth to respond, but Notch slaps a hand over his mouth to shut him up. Lightning is already charging in his hand when Notch points, and Herobrine follows his gaze to a pair of glowing eyes in the darkness. The older man removes his hand, and Herobrine gives him a harsh look before slipping out from behind the rocks they hid behind and drawing his pick.

"Oh, you're back already?" Null turns as he gets close, his own sword appearing in his hand. "After how much trouble it was to lure you out of your hiding places the first couple of times, I confess I thought it would be much longer before I saw you again."

"Perhaps I'm tired of waiting for you to make the first move." Herobrine lifts his sword, sliding his foot for better leverage and waiting for his opponent to approach. Null scoffs, then starts to walk towards him.

"Confident, aren't you?"

"No more or less than before." Null swings at him, and he catches it with the edge of his pick, twisting it and yanking the sword out of his hand. Null moves with the force and spins around, swinging at him with a second sword, and Herobrine moves to block it. Their fights often last a while, but usually Null has a hold over him with Y/N. He should end this quickly.

Drawing a sword in his left hand, he swings at Null's head, catching his chin as he ducks out of the way, and his opponent growls as he retreats to the opposite wall. He pulls out a potion, but Herobrine lunges at him, slashing at his neck. He can't be allowed to get an advantage. Null parries it with his own sword, then pulls out an axe and swings it at him with both hands. Herobrine ducks it and slashes at his knees. Null stumbles back, but hits the wall and Herobrine slams his pick into his chest, killing him.

"Simple enough." Herobrine steps back, twirling his pick in his hand, before glancing back over at Notch. His older counterpart closes his eyes, and the air shimmers around him as his hands begin to glow. Herobrine watches as Notch stands in silence for a few moments, then the light fades and his eyes open.

"Nothing." He reports grimly. "I couldn't get through." Herobrine sighs, twirling his pick in his hand again before returning it to his pack.

"Then let's return and speak to Steve and Y/N about this. There must be another way." Notch nods, and disappears. Herobrine starts to write a teleportation command, but stops, hesitating in the darkness for a moment. This is Null's base. Is it possible that Manfred might be still alive...?

Turning, Herobrine draws his pick again and ventures down the tunnel. There was no way to distinguish an Enderman just from their pearl, so it's possible that Null used a fake to throw him and Y/N off. For her sake, he would search for him, just in case.

Quietly, Herobrine makes his way through the base, sticking to the shadows - not that he could ever be entirely hidden, not with his glowing eyes. Fortunately for him, mobs are not the best at detection.

He finds a room full of supplies, and takes the opportunity to fill his inventory with food. No reason to let this go to waste. Does Null even need to eat?