Chapter Twenty

🎉🎉 we hit chapter 20
__________

You stare down at Null's sword, buried up to the hilt in your left shoulder, and let out a squeak. Null looks almost as shocked as you are. There's blood spreading on your sleeve, and you can feel the weight of the sword throwing you off balance. You start to feel dizzy, but you don't know what to do.

Null shrugs and wrenches the sword out of your body, and your vision flashes white as you collapse.

You hit something soft, and let out a pained noise as you struggle to focus on Null above you. He's raising his sword again. This was a stupid idea, now you're just gonna die and-

Null and the cave disappear, and you fall into a bank of soft snow.

You gasp, the cold shocking your brain into comprehending your situation, and you push yourself up with your good arm. A tundra biome...?

Herobrine is motionless in the snow next to you, red staining the snow around him. That reminds you of your own injury, and your head whips around to examine your shoulder. Your arm has a sword-sized hole in it, leaking blood, and a wave of dizziness sweeps through you again. You have to stop the bleeding.

Biting down hard on your lip, you start trying to tug off your jacket. You know how to make an improvised tourniquet, and you have a torch in your inventory you can use to apply it. Unfortunately, trying to remove your stabbed shoulder from your sleeve is an incredibly painful process, and by the time you've gotten it off your uninjured hand is shaking almost too much to tie the sleeve in a knot around your shoulder. Almost.

You tighten the tourniquet until you can't feel your left arm anymore - or maybe that was the cold? - and finally start to make your way over to your husband. You don't have any hands free, as one is keeping pressure on your arm and the other is totally numb, so you settle for shouting at him instead. He doesn't wake up.

Carefully, you lean down and press your head to Herobrine's chest. You can hear his heart beating, he's alive, and his body is still warm, he just... doesn't wake up.

You're pretty sure in a situation like this that you shouldn't fall asleep, but you're exhausted, and you don't see how staying awake will help. So, you curl up in the snow next to your husband, and let yourself drift off to sleep.

Herobrine awakes several hours later to a giant spider chewing on his leg.

Swearing, he shoves himself upright, sending the creature scuttling into the darkness. Looking around, he finds himself in several feet of snow, much of which is stained red with blood.

There's an arrow wound in his upper arm, and cuts on his hands, but they couldn't possibly be the source of all this blood, could they? No, and unless he had been moving around in his sleep, it wouldn't have spread the way this had. He begins to search for the source of the gore, but he doesn't have to look far.

His wife was huddled against his side in the snow - he didn't know how he hadn't noticed her immediately - her lips tinged blue from cold and her clothing stained with blood. A crude tourniquet was wrapped around her shoulder, apparently the source of the blood, but it was very loose and did almost nothing to stop the blood flowing from the wound in her shoulder. He could see her breath fog in the air, she was alive, but he doubted she would be for much longer.

Ignoring the pain in his arm, he scoops her up and cradles her to his chest, trying to warm her freezing body. Her jacket is gone, used to try and bind her wound, but that likely did more harm that good as the job was shoddily done.