•the thing•

Then he walked out of the room, leaving me. I wasn't tied up so I couldn't be stopped. He closed the door and as soon as I watched the metal doors close, I stood up from out of the chair. I pulled down my sleeves and walked up to the door. I opened it and popped my head out, checking to see if there are any men in sight.

The corridor was empty and dark, no one in sight. I quietly closed the door behind me and started to walk down the hallway. As time got longer, I started to quicken my pace, from jogging to running to sprinting. My footsteps echoed as my breathing got heavier.

I winced in pain and stopped running as my arm got heavy and sore. I pull up my sleeve as I try to catch my breath. The top of my arm was almost black, the black veins consuming my whole arm. Looking at my arm made me feel even more weak but stronger at the same time. I need to find at least someone. I softly close my eyes and take in a deep breath, the strong hospital smell consuming the air.

I pull my sleeve down and stand up straight ready to continue to look for someone. I open my eyes and softly gasp at the sight in front of me. The dark hallway was even darker, little white speaks floating in the air. The Upside Down.

I slowly take a step, looking around the lab. The lab was quiet, silent and scary, flashbacks of the place coming to my mind. I start to slowly walk around corners and through hallways, seeing the same thing over and over again, the same dark hallways.

"Hello?" I yell. I stop walking when I hear a low growl. I look over my shoulder and whimper as I look around. It went silent again, only able to hear my soft sobs and heavy breath. Behind me was another corner leading into a long hallway. I start to follow my instincts and slowly walk around the corner.

My mouth drops and my eyes widen as a black shadow forms around me. At the end of the corridor was a monster, a shadow. It didn't look like it was a solid monster though, it looked like it was made out of some type of gas.

It had dusty arms swaying around the room. It looked like if you touched it, you would go right through it. It had two red eyes though, at the root of the body. As I let out a deep gasp, its eyes snapped towards me.

It let out an even louder growl and started to scatter towards me. As its arms pulled it closer towards me, I screamed and ran the other direction, towards the entrance of the lab. However, the lab was so big I got lost. I continued to run around corners and through long hallways hoping to find a way to the entrance.

I turned a sharp corner, the thing right behind me. As I turned I gasped as it was a dead-end, a solid wall at the end of the corridor. I ran down it though, looking for a room or cupboard to hide in. As I ran I tried to quickly open all the doors in the corridor but all of them were locked.

As I tried the last door at the end of the corridor, I started to cry when the handle wouldn't move. As I kept shaking the door handle, I heard a low growl at the end of the corridor which made me cry even me.

"Go away!" I screamed, hot tears falling down my face.

The thing came running towards me as my back pressed up against the wall. I closed my eyes as the thing came even closer to me. My eyes snapped open as I felt the thing lift me up with its arms. I kicked my leg but it went straight through him.

I looked into its red eyes and two more arms came up from behind it, quickly latching onto my eyes. I felt the dusty arms go through my whole body, I felt it everywhere.