•brenner•

"What?" I say, sitting up properly now. Will flinches, concerned that I would hurt myself again. Max looks down at the floor and that was a good enough answer for me, it's official, I'm going to die.

"I use powers to get it out of you, it worked until you fell." Another girl said, standing next to Max. She didn't look familiar but by the way she acted around me, it seemed that we have been friends for a long time. I looked at her and her bright coloured outfit and then I looked down at the wires and cords attached to my hands.

"Let's try it again," I said, looking up at her.

Her eyes widened and she took another step towards me,

"No, I can't do that. I almost kill you." She raised her voice causing Will to give her a look. She glanced at Will and then dropped her head, ashamed of what she did. The room was then silent, no one spoke, no one moved. It was awkward, everyone's head either looking down or around the room.

You could hear the birds whistling outside my window, a nice cool summer breeze flowing into the room. We then all looked out the window next to me when we heard a car pull up. Everyone thought it was nothing until someone ran up to the window. He glanced out the window and softly gasped and his eyes widened.

"They're here." He says, looking at Nancy. She runs up to the window and quickly closes the curtains.

"What's wrong?" Joyce asks, stepping around the bed to get to the window.

"Doctor Brenner is here. He has men with him, we have to leave now." Nancy says. Will and Joyce both start taking the cords and wires off my body; Max and Will help me stand up and I limp as I walk to the door. My leg and arm winced in pain as I stumbled to the door, Will and Max walking me through the room.

We all walk into the corridor of the hospital, doctors and nurses everywhere. The young nurse from my operation runs up to me and puts her hand on my chest,

"I'm sorry, she is unwell, she still has to take tests." She looks at Will and Max. Joyce walks up to her,

"I suggest you go and tell everyone to evacuate the area now. This place is dangerous so tell everyone to leave then call the police."

The nurse looks at Joyce, who is now worried. She nods her head and runs into rooms, doing just what Joyce told her to do. Patients and nurses started evacating the corridors, then the alarm started to go off.

I grunted as we started to walk to the entrance of the hospital. Everyone was behind Max, Will and I, looking around corners for Doctor Brenner. The alarm was still going off, it was the only thing you could hear.

The corridors went dark, just like the lab. Flashbacks ran through my mind as I tried to push them out again. I felt blood trickle down my leg as I screamed. My whole body dropped, Will and Max catching me. As I fell my sleeve fell down my arm, exposing it.

My whole arm was now black, only the fingertips still its original colour. The black veins were now on my collarbone, making it's way up to my neck. I knew I didn't have enough time, I would be dead in a few days.

Will lifts me up again and I smile as I see the light from the window of the exit. Will and Max start walking faster, making their way out of the deserted building. Joyce runs in front of us and pushes the door open. As I almost made it out, I hear a footstep.

"Y/N."

I turn around and I whimper as I see Doctor Brenner crossing his arms, two men behind him. I let go of Max and Will and limp as I take a step forward. I see the bloody footprints on the marble tiles and I sigh.

I turn my hands into fists and I close my eyes. The dark power flows through me.

Then my eyes turn black.