Chapter 10

"Asia, you know we did not raise you like that!" My father shouts at me.

"I don't know if it's this new town that's getting to you, but you never acted like this in New York!" My mother yells louder than my father.

Kyle told my parents about last night the first chance he got this morning. And then of course he woke me up, saying how they wanted to speak to me. And now it led up to them yelling at me and I wasn't even fully awake yet. And I am tired of everything and everyone.

"It's not even like that!" I yell back.

"How would you feel if someone did that to you?" Mom asks. "Why would you humiliate a girl like that?"

"More importantly, how would you feel if someone tried to sabotage you and Hunter's relationship?" Kyle asks me.

Oh no.

They were tag teaming me, and I refuse to sit here and be pegged as the bad guy. I don't care if the one thing I didn't want them to know comes out, I'm just tired of being put in the wrong when I'm not wrong.

"I didn't do it to sabotage your relationship, stupid!" I yell. "If you would just listen to me you would understand why I did it."

"So why did you do it?" My mother asks.

"Ashley has hated me since the moment she saw me. She has this huge crush on Hunter so she threatens me to leave him alone, doing whatever she can to upset me. So why do you think I don't want you falling for her, Kyle? Because she admitted to me that she's only with you to make me angry!"

The three of them just stare at me as I glared at Kyle. Why couldn't he just trust his sister? I never tried to stop him from getting in any other relationship before, but the one time I give him reasons why, he wants to be angry at me? What happened to having each other's backs? I don't know what Ashley is doing to him to make him like her so much, but it has got to stop.

I was waiting for one of them to speak but they weren't. I pressed my hand onto my forehead, feeling frustrated.

"I don't believe you." Kyle shakes his head.

"Kyle, I am not lying! I'm only trying to look after you! Why would I lie? She's going after you for all the wrong reasons! Why can't you just believe me?" I exclaim.

"It just doesn't sound right." Kyle shakes his head. "And I don't believe you. All I'm gonna say is just leave Ashley and I alone."

"So that's it? You're going to believe a girl you just met a few weeks ago over your sister you've known your whole life?"

"Until proven otherwise, yes."

Wow, that actually hurt my feelings to hear him say that.

"You know what?" My mother says, causing everyone to look at her. "Next weekend, we're going to have a dinner and you both are going to invite your little significant others over. We're all going to act civil and your father and I will get to know both of them. And that's final."

Great, a dinner. That's exactly what I needed to worry about! Not only did I hate Ashley, but I was about to have her in my home, somewhere she should never be and Hunter was going to be there, too.

Actually, with the way our relationship is going at the moment, who says Hunter will even come? I just know that I'm not looking forward to that dinner at all.

"Fine." Kyle pushes past me, anger clear on his face.

And I know he meant what he said. If I didn't leave Ashley alone or let it go, he was never going to stop being angry at me. And that hurts. How could you be angry at your own damn sister for trying to protect you? What do I have to do to get him to realize that I'm not lying?