Chapter 34

Asia's POV

- - - 10 Days Later - - -

Time had flew by and before I knew it, Christmas had come and left and now it was the 30th. I had a really nice break in all honesty. Sure it wasn't how I was planning it to be because Hunter was out of the equation, but I still enjoyed it with my family and friends.

On Christmas Eve, I went over to Cora's house and the three of us exchanged gifts. I ended up buying them more charms for their Pandora bracelets. Cheyenne bought me perfume and lotion kit, and Cora bought me a cute outfit that was a black skirt and a white button up blouse. She claims that I never wear skirts so now I could wear one.

I showed them the gift that Matt got for me. They claim that he likes me but I don't think so. I feel like maybe he's just trying to be there for me. Matt and I have been texting all week. He left to Connecticut on Monday and wouldn't be back until late tonight.

On Christmas Day, I spent it with my family. My parents ended up getting me an iPod, clothes, money, and bunch of other little things. I didn't really want much and with all that was going on, Christmas was the last thing I was thinking about. But it was a nice day for me to just focus on my family and the people that I loved.

Each day away from Hunter helped me grow stronger within myself. I had been thinking a lot and a part of me wanted to speak to him. Maybe I should have just believed him. But what would have changed? Would he still not want to be with me? Would he sabotage me and hurt me again?

I didn't want to be hurt again; I wanted this all to be over. I know I should have given him the benefit of the doubt. But then I remembered what he said to me and how bad his words hurt. I will never forget that he called me a whore. He had no proof to prove that I did that to Matt.

And if anything it was him who did it! He could call me a whore all he wanted, but I knew that I wasn't. I knew what was true and his words did not define my character. I had to just be mature about everything. The thought of being disrespected was enough to keep myself from calling him.

I was in my brother's room, watching him play his Xbox and I complained about how dirty his room was, which annoyed the heck out of him. It was late, almost midnight, but I didn't feel like being alone at the moment. I was surprised when my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey hey!" Cheyenne's happy voice rings through the phone.

"Hey, Chey."

"Whatcha doing?"

"Nothing, watching my brother play video games." I pick at the loose thread on my sock.

"Boring." She sings into my ear.

"Tell me about it." I laugh.

"I was calling to ask what you were doing for New Year's Eve."

"Nothing."

Back home I would hang out with friends or family for New Year's, but this year I just expected to be staying in and sleeping. I wasn't in a relationship anymore and I figured the girls would be with their significant others. And I was not too fond with the idea of third wheeling. Or fifth wheeling in my case.

"Great, that's perfect then." She says happily.

"Um, okay?"

"Cora has this huge, legendary party every year for the New Year and it's pretty much mandatory that you come. Everyone will be there."

"Legendary?" I repeat.

"Yeah. Something always happens that makes her parties worth remembering. It's the party to go to. Kyle is even probably going to show up."