Chapter 26

I woke up the next morning feeling sluggish with a huge headache. I climbed out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. I fixed my tangled hair and cringed at my puffy eyes, though I was grateful they weren't red anymore. I reached into the medicine cabinet to retrieve two painkillers. I quickly swallowed them and then proceeded to brush my teeth and clean my face.

Hunter was stuck on my mind. Why didn't he call me? Was he that upset with me? I'll admit I was wrong I know that, but I've never seen him so angry at me before. I would do anything I could to make sure it doesn't happen again. I figured I would just give him the space he needed and when he was ready to talk, he would call or come see me.

After taking a quick shower and changing into new clothes, I make my way downstairs to the kitchen where I smelled food being cooked. My mom was happily making breakfast and singing along to some music she was playing. Well, at least she's in a good mood this morning.

"Good morning." She smiles at me.

"Good morning."

"Are you eating breakfast?" She asks, gesturing to the eggs, bacon, sausage, and grits. It sounded really appetizing, but I just wasn't hungry.

And that was a first.

"No, I'm not really hungry." I tell her, going into the fridge to pour myself a cup of apple juice.

My mother stared at me with wide eyes.

"What?" I ask.

"Did you out of all people just say you weren't hungry?"

I shrugged. "I have a headache."

"Uh-oh. Why don't you rest? I'll save you a plate."

"Okay. Thank you, Mom." I smile at her before exiting the kitchen with my juice.

I went back up to my room and watched a little more TV before dozing back off to sleep. I woke up around one in the afternoon to the sound of my phone ringing. My eyes were blinded by the light coming from my window and when I looked outside it was snowing.

I heard my phone was ringing and hurried to grab it. When I saw his name on the caller ID, my heart skipped a few beats and I answered the call.

"Hunter!" I couldn't hold back my excitement of him calling.

"Hey." He said.

I smiled at the sound of his voice. He didn't sound angry with me.

"I thought you were going to call me last night?"

"When I got back to the hotel last night I ended up falling asleep."

"Oh, okay." I say. "Well I'm still glad you called."

"Yeah."

Something was definitely off about him, I had no doubt about it. He may not be angry with me anymore, but he was definitely feeling something towards me. I could sense it through the phone and I honestly didn't like it.

"Look Hunter," I start. "I really am sorry about yesterday. Please don't—"

"Asia, I don't want to talk about what happened yesterday between you and my father anymore," He sighs. "I have something important to say."

I inhaled. "Okay, what is it?"

It was quiet on the other end and I mean dead silent. I would have been convinced that he had hung up if weren't for his sharp inhale. This didn't sound good, he was stalling way too much. Was he about to tell me that his father was making him move? My palms grew sweaty and I began to feel extremely apprehensive.