Chapter 3

Todoroki and Midoriya started walking off together, they were passing down a narrow little street, several shops littered around it as the sunlight managed to peer through the small gaps in between some of the buildings. Midoriya felt his heart pound. They were the only ones on this street. Just the two of them. Looking down, he felt very flustered and began to play with his hands. He just wanted to hold Todoroki's hand, though he tried to shrug that feeling off. It was a simple no.

They were walking in a comfortable silence when they came across a café. Midoriya's eyes lit up,

"I love it here!" Todoroki smiled down at him, though his father's words still replayed in his head like a broken record, he couldn't seem to shake them away. Todoroki actually really loved it there too.

"Wanna go in?" Izuku nodded enthusiastically. Todoroki walked up to the door and opened it, a golden bell ringing to signal a new customer's arrival. The interior was a light, sky blue colour and the tables and chairs were neatly arranged around the place. Todoroki allowed Izuku in first, him taking a seat near the window and sitting down, Todoroki following shortly after.

"I'll pay.. get whatever you want." Todoroki muttered. Izuku looked up at him, astonished.

"No I can't take your money, really."

"I don't mind. Please." He grabbed a menu out of the little metal holder with all the cafe's discounts and special offers and put it in front of Midoriya as he eyed it up.

"I-i'll get the chocolate frenzy milkshake." He didn't want to spend too much of Shoto's money, he looked up cautiously at Todoroki who nodded. A waitress with blonde hair and blue eyes, wearing a light blue uniform to match perfectly with the walls came over.

"Can I take your order?"

"Y-yeah" Midoriya stuttered. "I'll have the chocolate frenzy please." The waitress jotted down their order.

"Anything else with that?" She stared expectantly at Todoroki who shook his head.

"Okay, that'd be 3.75, you can pay when you're done." She then walked off, dress swaying and bouncing around her knees as she walked. Midoriya felt guilty, Todoroki didn't even get anything.

"I'm sorry i-i can still pay myself.. I feel bad with me being the only one getting something." He was so kind and considerate, also his face looked cute when he looked at him like that. Todoroki felt his cheeks go red, no, this wasn't part of the plan. He just had to get close with Midoriya. Not this.

"No i-it's fine." Todoroki stammered out, suddenly feeling his heart flutter. Definitely not part of the plan. Izuku suddenly looked concerned.

"Todoroki-kun, are you okay? You're face is all red." Todoroki began panicking, but the way he was so concerned for him. It was sort of.. appealing. He hid his face with his sleeve. Izuku giggled, such a genuine smile plastered across his red cheeks. Why is he cute like that? Izuku thought. What? No. This would all pass soon, it was surely nothing. But ever since he'd caught Todoroki staring at him in the canteen, every time he looked at him his heart skipped a beat, could it be? He had... feelings for Todoroki? More than he originally thought he had? He just felt like he constantly wanted to touch Todoroki, hold his hand, other... things...

The milkshake then arrived, the waitress placed it on the table in between the two of them. Two straws placed on opposite ends of the glass. Todoroki blushed and looked away. Did they really think.. The two of them were?.. At the thought of this, his heart beat a little quicker. No.. No.. He pushed his feelings away and looked at Midoriya, who felt equally as awkward.

"It's fine.. " Todoroki shrugged it off, keeping his cool composure.

"You sure you don't want any?" Midoriya was as red as a tomato, Todoroki shook his head so Izuku started sipping the drink. Todoroki couldn't help but notice how innocent he was. Wait? Why was he thinking like this? He had no reason to, this was just all part of his father's mission. But if he just leaned in for a sip now. How close their faces would get.

He leaned his face in, for some reason feeling drawn into Izuku, whilst he was completely oblivious as he was looking out the transparent window beside them. He then started drinking it with him. Midoriya turned around to see how close they were. He blushed heavily and his heart pounded once more. Todoroki looked into his emerald green eyes, seeming to be shining. He felt like he could stare into them forever. These feelings, he knew he shouldn't be feeling them, but somehow it felt right.

The gurgling of the drink meant they'd finished it, together. Midoriya looked incredibly flustered. Todoroki's eyes looked incredibly more vibrant up close, like there was a flame just waiting to be released. It gave him butterflies in his stomach. Todoroki stood up to go pay, which startled Midoriya for a second, being as he was so trapped up in his head space again. He noticed Todoroki smile at him as he went to walk to the counter, why did he do that?

He came back a few minutes later,

"Should we get going? Your mother might be worried about you..." Todoroki said as Midoriya stood up. He'd completely forgotten to text his mother.

"Y-yeah sorry to cut it short." Todoroki smiled wholeheartedly at him.

"No, i-i enjoyed it" It was suddenly like they were trapped in their own bubble again as they stood facing each other. Time seemed to slow down and Izuku didn't want to leave.

"U-uh we should probably go.. I'll walk you home." Todoroki said, pulling them both out of the trance that was their feelings.

"O-okie.. " They began walking out, Todoroki again letting Izuku exit first. He didn't realize how late it was, the sun was already setting. They began to walk off together, unknowingly staying relatively close to each other. Their two shadows casting one on the pavement behind them. 

--It was a tiny bit longer this time! >^< Hopefully it isn't too cringey for you hehe. <3--