The Ritual and the Demon

Tapping the pencil against your cheek, you looked out the window though not at anything in particular.

     After all, there wasn't much to look at besides the other students of the campus of U.A.⁠, a top-of-the-line college in Japan, walking to get to their own classes or were leaving along with some trees, bushes, flowerbeds, etc...that were made to make the place look nicer and livelier.

     Mr. Ecto⁠ the math professor, an odd man who always wore a mask over the lower half of his face, droned on and on about something that you could honestly care less about. Though you probably should be listening to it as it was one of the required classes you needed to do good in graduate with your major. And if you didn't do well in this then...

     "That'll be all for today. You can all leave." Mr. Ecto closed the math book he had in front of him which snapped you away from your thoughts...or lack thereof.

     With that, you turned your head back to the front of the class, taking notice of everyone already beginning to pack their own things and head for the door.

     With no point in sitting there any longer, you did the same and soon exited the classroom to go to the café that you and your friends⁠—Ashido, Uraraka, Yaoyorozu (Yao-Momo), and Jirou⁠—would meet at almost every day and just "hang out".

     Thankfully, it was only about a three to five minute walk from the college. It was a place most of the U.A. students would go for something quick or just to hang out. So it could get crowded at times to your dismay. You weren't much of a people person and preferred to keep to yourself. Well, besides a select few which were just the three other girls who you honestly only knew because of Yaoyorozu⁠, your childhood friend. She had introduced you to them near the beginning of the college term when she, too, had met them and seemed to instantly click with.

    Exiting the college, you started on your way to the café. The campus becoming more littered as classes were letting out at this time. Making sure to avoid them all as you walked down the street, you soon made it to the little café down. Upon entering it, you instantly spotted the group of girls in the corner.

     "(Last Name)-chan!" Uraraka beamed upon seeing your form edge closer to the table, causing all the other girls present to take notice of your arrival.

     Each of them greeted you while you just simply nodded in response before sitting down beside her.

     "Well, now that we're all here, I can finally tell you about this cool thing I found!" Ashido said as she exitedly clasped her hands together.

     "And what's this 'cool thing' that you kept blabbering about but wouldn't say until (Last Name)-chan had arrived..?" Jirou questioned with a raised brow, twirling one side of her earbuds.

     You raised a brow as well. "'Cool thing'..?"

     "Ok, so have any of you seen that ritual thing going around the Internet?" Ashido askes.

       Everyone shook their head.

       She huffed out a sigh. "Figures that you guys wouldn't have, but anyway, you're all about to!"

     She took out her phone and pulled out some bizarre and less than professional-looking article. It looked as if it should be taken with a grain of salt. She then got up from her seat to get between you and Yaoyorozu at the end of the table. She held the phone for the both of you to see then to the other two girls.

     "So...apparently, there's this 'demon summoning ritual' going around and people have been performing it now," she said.

     Yaoyorozu's eyes widened as she sensed an odd feeling from the words that had slipped Ashido's mouth. Especially upon setting her sights on the little article on the photo. She quickly composed herself as not to bring any unwanted attention to herself. But the feeling only got worse the more Ashido spoke.