the interview

Hyejin looked up at the ceo.
"If you are ready and want to address the rumors and the scandal, we will not stop you." He said as he held her hand and giving her a small nod.
"When can we do this?" She asked.
"Today, later today." He replied
"Okay, today is the day the truth comes out" she said as he reached for the phone.
Three hours later she walked in front of five cameras and had six chairs in front of her.
" hello" she said as she bowed.
The reporters got up and bowed back.
"So shall we get started?" One woman asked.
They all nodded and looked at hyejin. She nodded and the camera men counted " 3,2,1 we're recording now!"
" Good afternoon, Hyejin." Said one reporter that was wearing a koreaboo press badge. Hyejin mentally rolls her eyes and smiles, the woman did nothing wrong to her so, she shouldn't pay too much mind to it.
"Yeah, good afternoon" she responded while shaking all of their hands.
"is it okay if we ask you a couple of questions?" one male reporter asked. Hyejin looked at his press badge, soompi, the one who outted her and namjoon out but didnt have enough evidence to prove their relationship.
She nodded.
"we were told that you called this press conference, is that true?" Another male reporter asked. Hyejin once again looked at his press badge, dispatch, huh. She looked up at him.
"oh that is correct, i did indeed ask for this to be set up." She said as she pushed her hair behind her ear.
"Is this to talk about the rumors of your secret boyfriend?" the reporter from soompi asked.
"That is correct again!" She said as she chuckled to herself.
"Ah okay, Is it true that you were in a relationship?" The reporter asks again.
Hyejin sighs, "yes it is true." She said.
A female reporter that was sitting behind the first three stepped up, " was that someone your labelmate and member from exo, lay?" She asked.
"yes that is correct" she says as she sits up and clears her throat.
The reporters were shocked that she actually admitted to that relationship.
"we were all talking in past tense, so im guessing you guys broke up?" The koreaboo reporter asks.
"yes that is also true." Hyejin answers
"When did the relationship begin and when did it end?" Two reporters asked at the same time, now it was a battle of time, whoever got the story out first would ultimately be the hottest thing at the moment.
" uh i don't remember for sure, i believe it was around the end of 2015 all the way up to September of 2016" she said.
"May i ask why your relationship ended?" The dispatch reporter asked.
"We had our differences and we were growing apart, you know? Humans grow apart, sometimes you grow too far apart that you dont even recognize the person you believed you loved" she said.
The reporters nod, " did you break up with him or did he break up with you?" One of them asks.
"I would say it was mutual" she said.
"Why did you decide to have this press conference for some scandal that happened years ago?" The Dispatch reporter asked.
"oh, the rumors are turning up again and i would much rather tell you guys (and girls) that i indeed used to date him, but that i am no longer seeing him." She explained.
"Ah, okay." They said.
"Hyejin, i have two more question, you said that 'people grow apart and sometimes you grow too far apart that you don't recognize the person you loved' was there perhaps some infidelity that caused the breakup?" A soompi reporter asks.
The room grows quiet.
All eyes are on Hyejin.
Hyejin looks at her manager and at the press team from SM entertainment. They give her the okay, Of course if she wants to tell them
Hyejin nodded.
All the reporters eyes widen as the start writing. The rooms slowly gets louder.
"My second question is, who was unfaithful?"  he asked.
Hyejin sighed.
"SM let me have this press conference so that people wouldn't make assumptions or target him or I because of the scandal. I would love it if we kept it that way and I trust my fans and I trust his fans enough to be able to say that whatever happened in the past, is the past. I would rather leave it in the past rather than have people reminding  me about it for the rest of my life. So I am willing to answer this question. But please do not send hate to him or me, please just don't bring our past relationship up. Yixing... was unfaithful during our time as a couple." Hyejin said.
Hyejin's managers walk in and cut the conference. Hyejin bows to the reporters and bids goodbye, but not before saying something else.
"Can you please add what i'm going to say, to your articles?" She asked.
They nodded and took out their phones to record it.
"please so not send hate to yixing, it happened years ago and im over it, i let it go and i'm sorry for putting this out there, but i had to clear the rumors. please don't forget that we are all human and that we all make mistakes but that we also have a choice, whether to go through with it or to bail. please don't hate me or him. Thank you." She bows and leaves the room.
She makes it to her studio and lets out the heaviest breath.
She shakily grabs her phone and dials.
"hello?" the voice answers.
"i did it." she says as she starts breathing heavily.
A stray tear falls down.
Not because she misses yixing or because she loves him, she truly let it go. She was scared. Scared of the backlash, of how harsh the media and his fans, scared of how everyone will react. Scared to see people hate her even more than they already do.
"shhhh, it's okay baby" namjoon says as he sits up. He looks at his clock on the nightstand.
2:34 am
"I'm sorry, it's probably really late for you right now and i probably woke you up. I'm sorry, I'm such a bother. Well I'll let you sleep" she said as she was about to hang up as she wiped the tear off her cheek.
"No! babe, no. You will never be a bother, please don't ever say that again, beautiful." He said as he tried to keep her on the phone.
His heart hurt knowing that he couldn't be there when she was hurting like this.
His heart hurt knowing that yixing had emotionally messed her up to the point where she thinks she's a bother.
"I'm here baby, I'm here and I will always be." He said as his voice was softly soothing her.
"What if they hate me? What if they say that i pinned it on him? or that i lied?" She said worriedly.
"They won't hate you, and I'll protect you from them. No matter what, you know we have your back. And so do all of your friends. I'll always protect you baby." He said.
Hyejin smiled.
this is happiness
She thought to herself.
"I'll be back in two days, and when i'm back, i'm going to cuddle you and kiss you so damn much." He said as he made her blush.
Hyejin smiled again.
he's the one.
She thought to herself.
Hyejin got up and walked to the door. She grabbed her coat and turned off the lights behind her as she closed the door.
Her manager was waiting outside in the car for her.
"You okay hye?" He asked.
"yup." She answered as she listened to Namjoon's deep voice.
Once she arrived to the dorms she went straight to bed. She figured, if my boyfriend is going to sleep, so am I.
She laid down for the next hour and listened to her boyfriend talk about the places he saw and what he was working on.
She slowly felt her eyelids close.
Namjoon stopped talking.
He listened to her soft breathing and smiled. He looked over to his clock.
5:46 am
"goodnight baby, i love you so much, more than you can imagine and i'm so happy to be able to call you my girlfriend. You're strong, and I know you will overcome this" He said as he drifted to sleep as well, not bothering to end the call. He smiled to himself and turned off the lamps on the nightstand.