what to do

*

Hyejin walked up the stairs and turned the corner.
She looked up at the door, CEO LEE SOOMAN written in bold letters. She has never been nervous to talk to him, he had always been like an uncle or even a second dad to her. But today was different. Her relationship with Namjoon had been outed by dispatch. Everyone knew, there was no point in denying it. Denying it would be very stupid considering that they uploaded pictures of them, clear pictures of Namjoon and her on their date.
She opens the door and walks to the seat in front of the desk. She looks up to see lee sooman smiling at her. She looks over to the side and sees her managers and her other band mates.
"what's going on?" She says as her eyebrows furrow.
Irene smiles at her and Seulgi gives her a giggle.
"Well Hyejin, you are a woman who has the right to choose what she wants, so her I am. Giving you your choices." He said as he opened a folder that happened to be sitting on his desk.
"Look, this was inevitable, I'm not upset. It makes me happy that you guys have found happiness. I wish I could protect you guys more, but things happen. Mistakes, and slip ups happen too" lee soo man says as he looks over to Hyejin's managers.
"Namjoon and his team are almost here" her manager, Jaehyun, says.
"Okay, that's great, everybody settle in" Lee Soo Man says as he gets up to make himself a cup of coffee.
Hyejin follows him with her eyes, confusion written all over her face.
He's not upset?
"Do any of you want one?" He asks as he pours coffee into his cup.
A couple of managers and two of her members go get a cup.
Lee Soo Man returns to his seat and there was a sudden knock on the door.
"Come in" he says as he fixes his desk.
Namjoon and his managers walked in, followed by his band mates and Bang Shihyuk. Lee soo man and their managers stand up and greet the others.
Hyejin looks up at namjoon, his eyes looking into hers, worried that she got scolded. His eyes soften as he sees that she's fine.
"Please take a seat" Lee Soo Man says as he sits down.
"Okay, I'm a little dumb, but you're really not mad?" Hyejin asks while looking down.
"Child, after all these years, you have not disappointed me not once, well except for when you broke the-" he says before hyejin interrupts him.
"OKAY I BELIEVE YOU" she says before he can finish his sentence.
Her members look at her and laugh.
Her oldest manager laughs and shakes his head.
Hyejin turns a bright pink as everybody starts to look at her.
"Okay Namjoon, Hyejin, we are here today to address the scandal" Bang Shihyuk says.
"We usually don't do this, we just talk to our artist and deny or confirm, but because we know you guys are dating and soon to be married, we thought it would be better if we all came together and talked about it, as you two know, we already put out a joint statement, and in that statement we said that we can't confirm or deny anything because that is our artists personal lives, but the public just won't give up" Lee soo man said.
" So if you guys want to put out a statement, we will be giving you guys five choices, but you two can choose whatever you think is right for you." Jaehyun says as he looks over at hyejin.
"Option one, we deny the rumors and say that you two are close, best friends even" jaehyun says.
Namjoon's face sours, he doesn't want people to think that his girlfriend and fiancée is only his best friend.
Hyejin shakes her head, "August is not going to like that" she says as she laughs.
Everyone turns to her.
"Who's August?" Jimin asks her as he looks between Namjoon and Her.
"My best friend, his name is actually Xukun but I Call him by his English name" she explains.
Everyone nods and focuses on Jaehyun.
"Option two, we confirm that you two are in fact dating, and have been since 2017 and that you two are engaged" he says.
Namjoon nods while listening to Jaehyun.
"Option three, we deny it and say that we haven't heard such nonsense since the time they said that you weren't actually Korean" Jaehyun says as he chuckles.
Hyejin breaks out in laughter, the memory coming back to her. Yeri and Irene laughing as they remember the article.
"Option four, we don't say anything and hope people forget about it" he says as he turns his head to the side, who the hell came up with that he thought as he chuckled softly.
"Option five, and my personal favorite for comedic reasons, we deny it and say that you two don't even know each other" Jaehyun says with a serious face.
Bang Shihyuk and Lee Soo Man burst out in old men laughter.
Lee soo man bumps shoulders with Bang Shihyuk, "bet you haven't used that one yet" he says and Bang Shihyuk tries to stop laughing.
Lee soo man calms down and looks over to Namjoon and Hyejin.
"The choice is yours guys, and if there's something else you would rather do, please do tell us now" he says.
"We have already put out a joint statement which says that we aren't going to be addressing it for now" Bang Shihyuk says.
Namjoon and Hyejin look at each other.
"How about we do this instead, We confirm that we are dating, and that we have been dating for three years but we don't mention the fact that we are engaged" Hyejin says as Namjoon nods, "yes, that's better, if we tell them everything, both companies will experience huge backlash from the public"
"It would be better to give little bits of information once in a while" hyejin says.
"Okay then, we'll put out the official statement in an hour." Bang Shihyuk says as he looks over to Lee so man.
"You guys may leave, the PR team and us will handle the statements" Both CEOs said as the pulled out their phones, Lee soo man called the PR team to his office. Bang Shihyuk called in his PR team to come to the the office.
Hyejin and Namjoon walked out of the office hand in hand.
Their members look at them, "it's going to be okay guys" they reassure them.
"If they try anything, they'll have to go through each and everyone of us, including Bang PD and Lee Sooman" Jungkook says as he gives the couple a warm smile.
"Let's go to our private room" Yeri suggests as she leads the way.
Namjoon pulls hyejin closer to him, "It's going to be okay, love" he whispers in her ear. She smiles and looks up at him. She pulls his head down and gets on her tiptoes. She gives him a light kiss. They enter the rooms and get comfortable. It's going to be a long night Hyejin thinks to herself.