Eight Years Later

Yeah, sorry the last two chapters were really short. I wrote them both in less than half an hour. But anyway, here's your story ending!

Terra's POV:

I rested my head in Beast Boy's shoulder as we enjoyed the sweet silence and a few blessed moment after the holiday rush. It was Christmas Eve, and we both sat on the couch, watching the fire.

"This is the most perfect Christmas I could ever ask for," Beast Boy said.

I kissed his cheek, "I know what you mean," I giggled.

"MOMMY!" Our peaceful silence was interrupted by the screams of our seven-year-old, Rachel.

Both of us got up immediately to answer the frantic call of our beloved little girl. Both of us are scared that we'll lose her after...after...No! I'm not going to go back to that again!

"It's okay, I got her," Gar assured me, kissing my forehead before disappearing down the hall.

She probably had a nightmare again. Nightmares are pretty common in her case. She's scared of herself. Sadly, Rachel inherited my earth-shifting abilities as well as my eye color, and after discovering her abilities at an unfortunate birthday incident, she's become scared that she'll hurt someone, like me, Gar, or...her little brothers.

Purely on motherly instinct, I find myself in the doorway of my two green animal shape-shifters, Leo and Michael. They both have the sense of humor from their father, and they have a wonderful big sister who looks out for them. Unfortunately, I'm finding that Rachel is becoming more and more like Elsa from "Frozen" (which is her favorite movie, by the way) she doesn't want to hurt her brothers, so she stays as far away from them as possible while her daddy and I try to get her to get out more.

The twins are dozing fast asleep, to my relief, and I just stood there for a moment, watching them sleep. Beast Boy comes up behind me, and hugs my waist.

"Rachel's good. I put on some Christmas music and reminded her that Santa wouldn't come until she was asleep, and the mares in the night went away." He assured me.

After spending so much time with Nightwing and Starfire and their kids, Rachel, Michael, and Leo have picked up Starfire's way of talking, which is absolutely adorable. Aside from Mar'i, Richard and Kory have a son named Ryan, after Kory's long-lost brother, Ryand'er.

Raven finally admitted her feelings for Aqualad, and now they're married too. They have a son named Andre and a daughter named after Raven's mother.

Jinx and Kid also have twins, Karen and Jai. Cyborg and Bumblebee have adopted a little boy from Africa and are in the process of adopting a baby girl too.

We get together as much as we can, to make sure our kids will have the same bonds of friendship that we do when they grow up. They'll become the Teen Titans of the future one day, it's their destiny.

I'll see Amber and Dionne around sometimes too. They don't even recognize me. If they see each other, they'll walk in the other direction. I'll think about how sad this is for a while until my phone buzzes with a text from Star, Bee, Raven, or Jinx saying what cute thing their kid did this time, or complaining about crime, life, drama, etc. and I wonder how I ever thought that Amber and Dionne could replace the Titans' friendship.

Titans Tower is abandoned for now, and we each have our own homes. We work together sometimes, but now that we're grown up we can typically take care of something by ourselves, and call in for backup if we need it. Garfield and I live in a modest home in the Jump City suburbs, Richard and Kory have a penthouse, Raven and Aqualad have a house on the beach, and Cyborg and Bumblebee live in a townhouse next door to Jinx and Kid Flash.

After I check on Rachel for myself, Beast Boy and I head back to the living room as "Fade Away" begins to play. The familiar tune carries back down memory lane to the day when Beast Boy proposed to me almost eight years ago on Valentine's day.

Beast boy quickly pushes the furniture against the wall and takes my hand.

"What's this for?" I asked him.

"What do you think?" He asked in reply, taking my left hand in his right. Just like I taught him. He puts his left hand on my waist, and I put my right hand on his shoulder.

And then we dance.

Just like I taught him, forever ago at the Markovian ball.

Beast Boy sang along. Honestly, he sounded just as good as Buble. But it might be just because I'm his wife.

"You can't fade away

The way I feel for you

There ain't no word that I can say

For what I'd do for you

And every single day I make it through this game called life

It's always filled with pain and strife

Reality will cut you like a knife, it ain't right

But with you by my side we will win this fight

In the battle of dark and light

Oh take my hand hold it tight

When we dance I feel alright

By your side is where I'll be

Endless love won't fade you'll see

When I walk you walk with me

Terra,

together let the light shine

By your side is where I'll be

Endless love won't fade you'll see

When I walk you walk with me

Together let the light shine...

Yeah..."

"You can't fade away..."

And we haven't. 

I promise you, our love will last forever and always.