Gloves II: Verse

💫Gloves II: Verse

The squidbeak stared.

Should they tell this kid that type of stuff? They had only just met. Acting quickly, Rider spoke up.

"Why do you want to know? We only just met you, how do we know you're not evil or anything?" he said sternly, attempting to scare the kid off.

"Ah, fair enough. I'll ask later then, if that helps."

They turned around to leave back down the alleyway. Gloves thought for a second.

"Hey wait! We need help!"

The kid stopped and turned around.

"Oh?"

"You see, we're going to this place for a show, and we were wondering-I, was wondering, if you knew where it was?" Gloves asked.

The twinkling gasped at this.

"Wait, seriously?! You guys got tickets to the Intergalactic Starshow?! Luckyyyyy!"

"Yeah so uh. Can you help, or...?"

"Yes, of course! I can take you there now!" they said, nodding their head rapidly.

They began running towards the direction of the building.

"Wait, one more thing!" Gloves shouted.

They stopped and turned around.

"What's your name?"

"Ah, but you'll have to tell me yours as well!" they replied.

Gloves turned to Rider, expecting his input. Rider sighed, not wanting t to come down to this.

"I'm Rider, this is Prince, Gloves, Hachi, Emperor, Nana, Goggles, and Flip" he said, pointing to each person as he said their name.

"All inklings and octolings eh? Well my name is Verse!" they said happily, holding out their hand to Rider and Gloves for a handshake.

Rider politely declined, and Gloves stood there awkwardly. He eventually decided on just giving them a high five instead, which they accepted.

"Now, are we ready?!" Verse said with way too much enthusiasm.

"Yes, now we are ready" Emperor replied.

"Okie dokie!"

And then they resumed running. The squidbeak ran after them. They turned a corner, the squidbeak followed. They darted in between citizens. The squidbeak struggled to follow. They then turned a different corner after zipping across the street. Once they were across and in a less crowded area, the squidbeak attempted to talk.

"Slow down! I know we asked to get there, but can't we just walk?!" Hachi exclaimed.

"Yeah," Flip huffed, "Give us a break!"

Verse slowed down.

"Alright, alright. Y'all slowpokes!" they responded jokingly.

"How old even ARE you?!" Goggles asked.

"16!"

The group stared. They were just as old as Gloves and Flip. Despite being Goggles' size, they were older than him. How strange that was. Oh well.

"Well, whatever. You're pretty fast for someone as old as me and Flip and as young as everyone else. Well. Except for like two people but that doesn't matter" Gloves said as he caught up to Verse.

"Guess it's just my street survival skills!"

"Are...are you an orphan?" Prince asked.

"You coooouuuld say I was? Not really though..." Verse shrugged, "don't matter anyway."