Nana III: Rebel Against a Ruler

💫Nana III: Rebel Against a Ruler

"Alright, all we need to know now is the location of the castle so we can head over" Rider said.

The group was ready to leave at any moment now.

"Ah. That unfortunately we cannot help you with" Giles replied. "The path there is usually blocked off from the city. You'd need to stealth your way in or something."

"Well, we can handle that. You guys can just take us to the blocked off part!" Goggles said.

"Eh, alright. I'll take ya. Anyone else comin' along?" Giles asked.

"I would, but I'm needed at home" Sonya replied in an honest tone.

More idols and stars spoke up.

"Yeah, unfortunately same here."

"I would, but I'm a little scared, hehe..."

"Can't, I have a busy schedule."

"We wish you luck."

"Okay then, only me it is," Giles said. "Empress, you stayin'?"

"I might just go for a walk instead."

"Okay, that's fine with me! Let's get going!"

Giles opened the hidden door and stood waiting within the hidden passage. The squidbeak turned around to face the other idols.

"Thank you all for your help. We'll be sure to credit you if we rescue the princess" Rider said.

Nana waved to all of them.
"It was nice to talk with all of you!"

Verse also waved goodbye.

"This may be our last time seeing you, so thanks" Hachi said with a nod.

The others said their goodbyes, and when they were done, turned around and left down the path, following Giles. Empress closed the path behind them, and turned to the rest of the idols. The room was awkwardly quiet now that the squidbeak were gone. The SSS eventually came back, saying they saw nothing, even though they had checked the rooftops thoroughly. This suddenly concerned the group.

If the assassins weren't on top of the buildings outside, were they in the building? If so, where? If not...still where? Everyone would have to be on guard now. They could only hope that Giles and the squidbeak would be able to make it through fast enough. If the assassins WERE here, they were luckily already too late to catch the squidbeak. But...the idols themselves feared they might become a target.

-----

The tunnel was long, and dimly lit. It was also small, so there was little echoing in it. All of the squidbeak were silent as promised. It was weird, as they had kind of forgotten about the fact that they were in space. The fact that they were so distant from their home...their allies. Silence often led to many thoughts, and the squidbeak had to admit they wished they could talk.

Giles turned a corner, and the rest of the squidbeak followed, except for Nana, who had drifted off so much that she walked right into the wall. Rider had to stop suddenly, and Flip nearly walked into him. Goggles and the others head the noise and stopped, turning around. Nana, not wanting the squidbeak to ask about it, simply shook her head and kept a smile to say she was okay. The others nodded, and turned back around.