Hachi Epilogue: Spectacle

💫Hachi Epilogue: Spectacle

...

"Come on, Come on!"

"Move it, move it!"

"The show starts in 10 minutes!"

Many species flooded the backstage, and the sounds of shoes and tails and fins and feet began to fill the place with noise. There were many twinklings running the place, but also a few other space species, like humanoid jellies and fishlings. All the props were there, and everything needed for the shows were in opened boxes. People were running about with papers in hand, headsets and hats on, and were nervously trying to find where they were supposed to go. The opener had to set expectations, and they weren't about to let it be a complete failure.

A twinkling sat in a chair, getting makeup ready. Her ink was perfectly glittery, tentacles styled, and her clothes were nice and clean. She wore a cream colored robe, and a golden chain with a crystal hung around her neck. She looked into the mirror. This wasn't her first time doing this, and she was excited yet nervous to start the show.

"Eyy! There's my favorite star!"

Another twinkling came up to her, holding papers and wearing a black cap with a headset.

"What is it now, dear Giles? Has something gone wrong?"

"Nah, just lookin' for the folks running the lights...but anyway, I wish you luck!"

"Thank you darling, though I do hope I don't make a mess of things..."

"Ah, don't be worried! We're all nervous here. You'll do great, and if anything goes wrong, you know we'll be willing to blame ourselves for it!"

"Really though, it's alright. If it's my fault then I'll take the blame for it."

"Aww, you're too kind. But in all seriousness, have you seen the people working the lights?"

"I think they went upstairs to adjust the lights on stage, actually."

"Okay, thanks!"

And he dashed off.
The twinkling sighed. The people here were REALLY nice, but sometimes? They could be a little overwhelming. Sometimes she just needed her space to perform. She DID have a talent for this, after all. She hadn't practiced all those hours for nothing. Then again, it's not like this show would be any different compared to the others.

It was really just the same routine, over and over. She wondered if there would be new fans this time, as those were always a blessing to her. Change was nice, as performing the same thing for the same people got boring quickly. Yes, she had been put up onto the Internet here, but only within this place. Never on another world or planet, really.

She had gotten word of other people from a different planet coming here. Maybe they would be here? It sure would be interesting. Then again, she had never seen any species outside of the usual twinkling or evolved sea creature. A new culture, a new species...it sounded interesting, and fun!

Someone dashed up to her.

"Alright, E! You're up in one minute!"

The twinkling stood up out of the chair.

"Showtime."